Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 898 on Lion - New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what i got. Using these settings in MultiBeast 4.6.1 on a fresh install. I am not using a DSDT on this install.

fSbpp.png

This is what comes up in System Information:

B2Gfa.png

As for testing I get:

Internal Speakers - None
Line Out - orange
Line Out - black
Digital Out - Works It's what I am currently using. Works great all but support for VLC with encoded audio.

EDIT: I would test my front panel audio but its currently unplugged since mine came broken with my case.

Testers Needed: For GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboards with no sound on green ports only.

Edit: 7/10/12 - experiment was not successful, attachment removed.

Try this:
1. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
2. Replace Platforms.xml in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources with the attached Downloads/Platforms_z77x-ud5/Platforms.xml
3. Close the Finder window
4. Install edited AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast
5. Restart
6. Verify Internal Speakers/rear green port and Headphones/front green port

Reply with result and a copy of IOReg.

toleda said:
Testers Needed: For GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboards with no sound on green ports only.

Try this:
1. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
2. Replace Platforms.xml in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources with the attached Downloads/Platforms_z77x-ud5/Platforms.xml
3. Close the Finder window
4. Install edited AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast
5. Restart

I am not sure of what you want us to do:
I started with the configuration without DSDT:
ALC8xxHDA
ALC898
AppleHDA (Rollback)
Integrated speakers - no sound
Line out - Orange
Line out - Black
Front - no sound
AppleHDA is not containing Platforms.xml.

I installed patched AppleHDA for 898
No change Orange / Black only

I opened AppleHDA and changed Platforms.xml then reinstalled with KextUtility.
After reboot still no change Orange / Black only

I did the same without ALC8xxHDA
Same result

I have an other configuration with DSDT that I can use also for test.

MarcelBidon said:
I am not sure of what you want us to do:
I started with the configuration without DSDT:
ALC8xxHDA
ALC898
AppleHDA (Rollback)
AppleHDA is not containing Platforms.xml.
The experiment is for the Patched AppleHDA/ALC898. The dsdt and patched 898 (no enabler) test is helpful.

I have BIOS F8 on Z77X-UD5H, using MultiBeast 4.6.1 and no DSDT, and the new platforms.xml inserted into AppleHDA.kext, which I then installed using KextBeast. I tested all ports, front and back, for sound using each of the outputs in sound prefs, and there was no change from the unpatched AppleHDA.kext. To confirm, these are the outputs from sound prefs, and which colored audio ports emit sound, (with both the vanilla and patched AppleHDA.kext):
  • Internal Speakers - none[/*:m:kuc4wn59]
  • Line Out - orange[/*:m:kuc4wn59]
  • Line Out - black[/*:m:kuc4wn59]
  • Digital Out - none[/*:m:kuc4wn59]

However, I did notice one change with the patched AppleHDA.kext. When I plug headphones into the front green audio port, the name of the first output in Sound Prefs changes from "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones", and when I unplug the headphones from the front green audio port, the name reverts to "Internal Speakers". I do not get the same behavior when I plug into any other colored audio ports, front or back. This behavior did not occur with the AppleHDA.kext from MultiBeast 4.6.1.

Attachments

• gryphon.ioreg.zip
    779.4 KB · Views: 99
kotfu said:
However, I did notice one change with the patched AppleHDA.kext. When I plug headphones into the front green audio port, the name of the first output in Sound Prefs changes from "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones", and when I unplug the headphones from the front green audio port, the name reverts to "Internal Speakers". I do not get the same behavior when I plug into any other colored audio ports, front or back. This behavior did not occur with the AppleHDA.kext from MultiBeast 4.6.1.
Thanks to all for running the tests. I changed the mixer/amp combination in the test Platforms.xml. The test shows that is not the problem. I am thinking about another test, ready in a day or so. The switching of the labels in System Preferences indicates the green ports are connected correctly.

Experiment 2

Edit: 7/10/12 - experiment was not successful, attachment removed.

Try this:
1, Download attached AppleHDA.kext
2, Copy Downloads/898_z77x-ud5/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
4. Install AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast
5. Restart

Note: Internal Speakers/Headphones have been separated. The first Line Out is the same as Internal Speakers. Headphone must be selected manually for sound.

Results:

Line Out - None
Headphones - None //I plugged my front jacks back in to test but I can't be sure about this one since my jack is half broken so it could be the jack itself.
Line Out - orange
Line Out - black
Digital Out - None

Also checked all the other plugs in the back (grey, blue, pink) and no sound out of them either (i realize that there is not supposed to be audio OUT the pink and blue).
Here is my ioreg:

Attachments

• chadthmanioreg2.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 100
chadthman said:
Results:

Line Out - None
Headphones - None //I plugged my front jacks back in to test but I can't be sure about this one since my jack is half broken so it could be the jack itself.
Line Out - orange
Line Out - black
Digital Out - None

Also checked all the other plugs in the back (grey, blue, pink) and no sound out of them either (i realize that there is not supposed to be audio OUT the pink and blue).
Here is my ioreg:
I have the same issue, but here is another issue I've just found.

I fresh installed windows 7 on a single hard disk. Windows 7 and it's internal drivers can recognize the sound chip, everything seems to be fine, but the green port does not work. Only when I installed the realtek sound driver, it works correctly.

Hope it's useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back