Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 898 on Lion - New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.
I wonder if the REV 1.0 green port problem is because of not defining the EAPD in the verbs.
There is EAPD in the green port and the headphone port.
Any thoughts?

BTW I've the REV 1.0 UD5H and the green port isn't working.

Hi all.
I wonder if the REV 1.0 green port problem is because of not defining the EAPD in the verbs.
There is EAPD in the green port and the headphone port.
The issue is specific to your REV 1.0 UD5H. You have posted in the thread with the details, GA-Z77X-UD5H audio green-port problem solved by welding 2 resistances. You are invited to test any theory you have to solve the problem. It appears the problem is resolved in Rev 1.1 with a audio circuit/hardware change.

Toleda,

I have a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH board and I am UEFI booting with clover. Using your driver loaded in S/L/E audio is working well...

However I am trying to run with no patched kexts in my system by run time patching so that I do not face as many issues with updates breaking things...

I am trying to determine the minimum set of patches necessary to support the 898 chip. Analyzing your driver, I see two major areas of difference with the AppleHDA kext... one is a relatively minor patch to the AppleHDA file in MacOS. The other differences seem to be fairly large changes in the Resources and Plugins.

For support of the 898 only, I think the Resource changes are not required, and only the changes to AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver are necessary. Is this correct?

Other than the patch to MacOS/AppleHDA, what else is required if I want only to support the 898?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am coming up to speed.

-JimJ

However I am trying to run with no patched kexts in my system by run time patching so that I do not face as many issues with updates breaking things...

For support of the 898 only, I think the Resource changes are not required, and only the changes to AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver are necessary. Is this correct?

Other than the patch to MacOS/AppleHDA, what else is required if I want only to support the 898?
Great goal; sounds like a real mac, not possible at this time with AppleHDA.kext.
No.
See [HOW TO] Patch AppleHDA - Knowledge Base - Project OS X Forums.

The instructions are no more available on the thread you mentioned.
I don't own the motherboard and never had a copy of the instructions. Suggest contacting Gigabyte or checking the Linux forums (I don't know which one) as that is where the fix was first discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back