Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 898 on Lion - New

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
MarcelBidon said:
With modification described in the post and layout 0x82, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 -> No change orange/black.
With 0x2A, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 -> green is working (3rd output in the list of the driver). Front is still not working.

The problem is probably of not having the right layout for this Mobo.
Does someone know how to determine it? I can compile the DSDT/ try and report.
This information is very useful. It appears Gigabyte my have a created a unique pin configuration for the GA-Z77X-UD5H. Perhaps we can figure out why they did. Since you have 6 port audio, Audio ID 898 is better. Looking at System Preferences/Sound/Outputs, with iTunes playing, try each output with all six audio jacks on the motherboard. Reply with the working jack color for the following outputs:
Internal Speakers
Line Out
Line Out

Example, I understand the black port works with the third line out. See if other ports work and with what port color. You can try front panel, however, it is unlikely to work because of this problem. Thanks for your help.

With BIOS F8 and no DSDT, using unmodified AppleHDA from MultiBeast 4.6.1, I have four outputs in Prefs -> Sound -> Output. For each output, I have indicated which colored jacks on the back of the mobo emit sound.
  • Internal Speakers - none[/*:m:11mi9um6]
  • Line Out - orange[/*:m:11mi9um6]
  • Line Out - black[/*:m:11mi9um6]
  • Digital Out - none[/*:m:11mi9um6]

In no case did I get output from the front panel jack.

kotfu said:
[
With BIOS F8 and no DSDT, using unmodified AppleHDA from MultiBeast 4.6.1, I have four outputs in Prefs -> Sound -> Output. For each output, I have indicated which colored jacks on the back of the mobo emit sound.
  • Internal Speakers - none[/*:m:2wv8cid9]
  • Line Out - orange[/*:m:2wv8cid9]
  • Line Out - black[/*:m:2wv8cid9]
  • Digital Out - none[/*:m:2wv8cid9]

In no case did I get output from the front panel jack.
The 2 line outs are correct. Please confirm you tested the pink, blue and grey ports for sound.

Confirmation: I tested pink, grey, black, green, blue, and orange ports on the back of the motherboard for each of the four output destinations listed in sys prefs. I also tested two front panel ports, colored red and green (which are case specific), for each of the four output destinations.

kotfu said:
toleda said:
MarcelBidon said:
With modification described in the post and layout 0x82, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 -> No change orange/black.
With 0x2A, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 -> green is working (3rd output in the list of the driver). Front is still not working.

The problem is probably of not having the right layout for this Mobo.
Does someone know how to determine it? I can compile the DSDT/ try and report.
This information is very useful. It appears Gigabyte my have a created a unique pin configuration for the GA-Z77X-UD5H. Perhaps we can figure out why they did. Since you have 6 port audio, Audio ID 898 is better. Looking at System Preferences/Sound/Outputs, with iTunes playing, try each output with all six audio jacks on the motherboard. Reply with the working jack color for the following outputs:
Internal Speakers
Line Out
Line Out

Example, I understand the black port works with the third line out. See if other ports work and with what port color. You can try front panel, however, it is unlikely to work because of this problem. Thanks for your help.

Hello ,

With BIOS F7 and no DSDT, I have:
Internal Speakers - none
Line Out - orange
Line Out - black
Digital Out - not tested
Front - None

With DSDT layout 0x82, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 no change (orange and black)

With DSDT layout 0x2A, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
Internal Speakers - none
Line Out - none
Line Out - blue (not green, I was wrong, not a lot of light in the back)
Digital Out - not tested
Front - None

I canb test other layout if you need.

MarcelBidon said:
Internal Speakers - none
Line Out - none
Digital Out - not tested
Front - None

I canb test other layout if you need.
Also useful; on the Audio ID 298, confirm the 1st Line Out makes sound on the pink port.

toleda said:
MarcelBidon said:
Internal Speakers - none
Line Out - none
Digital Out - not tested
Front - None

I can test other layout if you need.
Also useful; on the Audio ID 298, confirm the 1st Line Out makes sound on the pink port.
No sound on pink (front and back).

After following these steps I got 2 sound devices recognized as Intel High Def Audio ID 898. One of those with outputs:

internal speakers
Line Out
Line Out
Digital

But I get no actual sound from any port on the back on any of these settings. It does recognize when I plug jack into front. Internal speakers changes to headphones.

I don't have a DSDT so haven't messed with layout. I'm kind of new to this so I'm not sure what I'm doing there. Would that be necessary? Any clues as to why I don't have any sound. I did test the speakers and do have the volume turned up. Also tried a set of headphones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

kevince52 said:
After following these steps I got 2 sound devices recognized as Intel High Def Audio ID 898. One of those with outputs:

internal speakers
Line Out
Line Out
Digital

But I get no actual sound from any port on the back on any of these settings. It does recognize when I plug jack into front. Internal speakers changes to headphones.

I don't have a DSDT so haven't messed with layout. I'm kind of new to this so I'm not sure what I'm doing there. Would that be necessary? Any clues as to why I don't have any sound. I did test the speakers and do have the volume turned up. Also tried a set of headphones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
With this mobo and Multibeast installation (without dsdt), you should have orange and black working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back