Contribute
Register

Losing My Mind Over OpenCore Boot Issues

Is there possibly a way to connect the SSD with everything on it to a different device and re-add the missing kext file somehow that way?
What you would need to do is REMOVE the kext related to the Kernel Panic. That is the Airport Brcm Fixup kext that you saw in the verbose readout. Back up data first anyway before trying this.

Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at 5.36.56 PM.png

Last edited:
What you would need to do is REMOVE the kext causing the KP. That is the Airport BRCM Fixup kext that you saw in the verbose readout.
Apparently the “halting on critical error” is an issue with the version of OCLP that wasn’t addressed on their site…need to figure out a way past that so I can at least get into recovery and use terminal

Apparently the “halting on critical error” is an issue with the version of OCLP that wasn’t addressed on their site…need to figure out a way past that so I can at least get into recovery and use terminal
I'd strongly suggest you use the OCLP Discord and get their opinion on how to proceed.
As I stated we don't create or maintain the OCLP app. Best to talk to those people instead.

I’ve reached to other places, just wish there was a way to re inject that kext file so I can move on with my life!
I just checked my 2012 MBP laptop. Ran the OCLP root patches on it some time ago. Since it has a BRCM card that's not supported by Monterey (BCM43xx) the root patching installed the AirportBrcmFixup kext to the kexts folder inside the OC folder in the EFI partition. Since you don't need that kext at all, why would you want to re-inject it ?

There's 2000 people online right now on the Discord server, why not try that ?

Since you're completely new, it would also be a good idea to learn basic terminology so you can communicate better and understand the issues you're facing.

After installing with an OCLP created USB there is an option to install the OC EFI folder to the EFI partition. I'd assume that zyther05 did that after the initial install so as to not have to boot from the USB every time.

My mistake. I didn't know OCLP installed kexts in the EFI. :thumbup:

Last edited:
SOLVED! I connected my main SSD with everything on it to another Mac via USB. Ran OpenCore Generator and created the EFI partition for the drive and removed the problematic Kext file. Put the SSD back into the Mac Pro and it works!

Created the EFI partition for the drive and removed the problematic Kext file. Put the SSD back into the Mac Pro and it works!
Great to hear it worked out. Now back to Audio Production on Monterey.

Back