Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s Bios update v: F.29/F.30 - fixes sleep issues + sata 3/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a different problem after F.29/F.30, the HDD and WiFi LED are allays on after shutdown and in sleep, they are amber. Also the CPU fan runs all the time after shutdown, in OSX turns off when average below 50*C below which is ok.
I did reset (60sec no power) and patch DSDT, before F.29 was everything ok.

Any idea what it is?

Edit: I downgraded to F.20 and same thing. What I noticed if powered off and power supply disconnected the HDD LED is off.

Found the problem, after I removed and insert the WiFi card the problem is gone.

after bios update, use the most current version of probook installer, and for good measure run kext wizard to refresh cache and permissions.

highly recommend you use your custom patched dsdt, no idea what machine you have, so cant help much.

after bios update, use the most current version of probook installer, and for good measure run kext wizard to refresh cache and permissions.

highly recommend you use your custom patched dsdt, no idea what machine you have, so cant help much.

Found the problem.
I installed the new WiFI card yesterday and also installed the F.30
after I removed and insert the WiFi card today the problem is gone. Maybe some connector shortcut or something with my BT hack.

I always use your custom patched dsdt, so it was simple hardware problem.

Found the problem.
I installed the new WiFI card yesterday and also installed the F.30
after I removed and insert the WiFi card today the problem is gone. Maybe some connector shortcut or something with my BT hack.

I always use your custom patched dsdt, so it was simple hardware problem.
How's your new wifi card doing? Do you see a noticeable difference between that one and the atheros? Such as wifi distance, strength and speed?

How's your new wifi card doing? Do you see a noticeable difference between that one and the atheros? Such as wifi distance, strength and speed?

well the distance is worse, in 2.4Ghz is even worse as with the original where I have 64Mbit at the same distance and now sometimes 20Mbit BUT it may be the antenna.
This card has two antenna connectors and I don't know yet which is which, I ordered a extra 2nd internal antenna ($2) then I will see.
But if I'm next to the router I get up to 300Mbit/s connection.

Sorry, I feel like stupid. I have been trying to update my bios without success. My pro book is dual boot with 10.8.2 and windows 7 professional. I have been trying to create a USB stick to do the upgrade using windows with not success. any advice? Any suggestions?

Sorry, I feel like stupid. I have been trying to update my bios without success. My pro book is dual boot with 10.8.2 and windows 7 professional. I have been trying to create a USB stick to do the upgrade using windows with not success. any advice? Any suggestions?
Just download the bios update on windows, then run it. It was that simple. It's just like installing a program on windows. Overall, it only took about 4 minutes.

Thanks jpad but I am even more stupid. When I tried to run the update, I need to restart the computer and it boots directly into chimera and the firmeware is never updated. I tried to create the usb stick also with no success. ANy other idea

Thanks jpad but I am even more stupid. When I tried to run the update, I need to restart the computer and it boots directly into chimera and the firmeware is never updated. I tried to create the usb stick also with no success. ANy other idea

Just boot back into Windows using Chimera. I think you might even find your BIOS is already updated.
Look in BIOS itself, or use CPU-Z to verify.

Thanks jpad and rehab man. I finally was able to create an usb installer and was able to update the BIOS. I do notknow but the original memory stick I used was corrupted.

Thanks jpad and rehab man. I finally was able to create an usb installer and was able to update the BIOS. I do notknow but the original memory stick I used was corrupted.
hey, this is my first post on this site, I think the usb-stick should be max 2gb to use for the bios update, maybee thats the problem it didn't work in first place....read this at some site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back