Contribute
Register

help dv6t sandy bridge 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
fiveoneooo said:
Well I am another dv6t quad owner. My laptop specs are very similar to tazzix. My laptop arrives on thursday and I'm sure I will be playing around with this quite a bit trying to get a highly functional install of OSX. I am very new to this and have a lot to learn but once I do you guys can expect me to help contribute to these forums as much as I can.

let's do it ;-)
The real important thing for me is making the 6770M working.
The only reason for install a hackintosh for me is Final cut. So i hope the we find out togheter how do it....

the best way to learn anything (for me at least is to troll at first, then once you are confident in what you know about the topic, you can step in and teach it, no matter how little you know.

for me right now:
~ i need to learn how to patch my dsdt (it compiles without error now)
~ i have a clean vbios rom for my ati card (i read that i need to patch it for os x somewhere)
~ i have consistent successful installs with 10.6.3 retail and iboot legacy
~ i have failed boots with iboot 3.0.4 because it never sees the partition (maybe because i installed it on a USB HD)

If you find a good tutorial on DSDT patching, let me know. I am going to have to go that route myself, I think.

Good Luck, guys. :thumbup: :wave:

I've been eye'ing this laptop with the same specs (6770m) and wanna see this gfx get supported (and/or the HD3000 graphics built into the i7, if I read correctly somebody got it to work, right?).

Hope it works out for ya, cuz it'll encourage me to buy one.

notation84 said:
Good Luck, guys. :thumbup: :wave:

I've been eye'ing this laptop with the same specs (6770m) and wanna see this gfx get supported (and/or the HD3000 graphics built into the i7, if I read correctly somebody got it to work, right?).

Hope it works out for ya, cuz it'll encourage me to buy one.

yes, someone got the hd3000 to work, while disabling the ati graphics. it was tazzix i think that did it.
but it would be better if the ati was working especially cause most of our device ID's are already in the kext, it's so peculiar that it isn't working.

I just followed instructions I read elsewhere from the horse's mouth. One correction though, ATI is not disabled as in power is still supplied to it, while it does not display anything, this has adverse effects on battery life, so I get about 2 hours in Mac OS, while the reviewers claim getting 5 hours on light usage on windows using the Intel and around 2:30 using the ATI with Gaming. Now windows drivers disable one properly. There are some linux ACPI commands to disable the ATI but I was not able to use them on Ubuntu 11.04, which was the only one with Sandy Bridge support.

I had left some space for a possible Win7 installation, have the key but there is no media I can use, but I guess borrowing from a friend would be legal, will see if the battery claims are anywhere near to reality.

tazzix said:
I just followed instructions I read elsewhere from the horse's mouth. One correction though, ATI is not disabled as in power is still supplied to it, while it does not display anything, this has adverse effects on battery life, so I get about 2 hours in Mac OS, while the reviewers claim getting 5 hours on light usage on windows using the Intel and around 2:30 using the ATI with Gaming. Now windows drivers disable one properly. There are some linux ACPI commands to disable the ATI but I was not able to use them on Ubuntu 11.04, which was the only one with Sandy Bridge support.

I had left some space for a possible Win7 installation, have the key but there is no media I can use, but I guess borrowing from a friend would be legal, will see if the battery claims are anywhere near to reality.

I guess I used wrong wording, it's not being used, but I wasn't so sure what it was doing.
Hopefully, someone will get ati working for those without dual graphics like me.

tazzix said:
2. search for kyle_c and his instructions for Sandy Bridge, but be VERY careful, once you have the specific boot file and kexts in place, iBoot or anything similar will not be able to boot your system even with -x parameter. Or at least that is what is happening to me, so I had to use grub to be able to boot MacOS again.

Well, in fact with the latest Chameleon/Chimera release you do not need Kyle_C special boot file. It's enough to inject "AAPL,os-info" property taken from MBP8,1 ioreg to force AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext loading. Or you may use those graphics kexts from 10.7 without injection at all (just MBP8,1 system definition in smbios.plist required).

P.S. Moreover, with the latest MBP1.4 update you don't even need "AAPL,os-info" any more.

Hi guys,
I've just bought my HP Pavilion dv6-6051er (i5-2410, HD 6770?, mostly same configuration as yours laptops have). I installed 10.6.3 then performed update to 10.6.7, so same steps as in guide.
How do you install it? When I boot from iBoot Legacy I get this error. After iBoot just lit black screen. What can you recommend?
In the BIOS do not have the function to enable AHCI.
Notebook HP 6051er (i5 2410m)

Many thanks for the tip ninditsu! :)

fataLityEu said:
breedish said:
Hi guys,
I've just bought my HP Pavilion dv6-6051er (i5-2410, HD 6770?, mostly same configuration as yours laptops have). I installed 10.6.3 then performed update to 10.6.7, so same steps as in guide.
How do you install it? When I boot from iBoot Legacy I get this error. After iBoot just lit black screen. What can you recommend?
In the BIOS do not have the function to enable AHCI.
Notebook HP 6051er (i5 2410m)

I pm you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back