Contribute
Register

help dv6t sandy bridge 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just now getting ready to buy a similar machine (see sig).

Anything you recommend?

Technomancer said:
I am just now getting ready to buy a similar machine (see sig).

Anything you recommend?

if you search through this thread, people have success with the intel graphics of their HP laptops. the one built-in with the sandy bridge system.

yours would probably support that, unfortunately, mine does not, and i am still waiting on a fix for ati.

ninditsu said:
if you search through this thread, people have success with the intel graphics of their HP laptops. the one built-in with the sandy bridge system.

yours would probably support that, unfortunately, mine does not, and i am still waiting on a fix for ati.
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, but I appreciate the feedback -- thanks very much!

ninditsu said:
For wifi, I suggest swapping for a mac compatible model that also is OOB compatible with your laptop
Yeah, this is often the best solution. I know from reading in the past (on my previous hackintosh) that Atheros wifi cards tend to be well-supported, and Intel is particularly poorly supported.

Technomancer said:
ninditsu said:
For wifi, I suggest swapping for a mac compatible model that also is OOB compatible with your laptop
Yeah, this is often the best solution. I know from reading in the past (on my previous hackintosh) that Atheros wifi cards tend to be well-supported, and Intel is particularly poorly supported.

Best chance intel wireless cards will get support, is if someone ports the Linux driver for them. Unlikely due to the very cheap solution to just swap them.

ninditsu said:
Best chance intel wireless cards will get support, is if someone ports the Linux driver for them. Unlikely due to the very cheap solution to just swap them.
I wouldn't recommend holding one's breath for this. I made my first Hackintosh a couple years ago, and it was the identical problem back then, but everyone simply recommended Atheros instead.

So, if there was a quick and easy driver solution to make the Intel wifi work, I'm sure it'd already have been done by now.

Anyone have luck getting usb 3 working on the dv6t?

tfhenry said:
Anyone have luck getting usb 3 working on the dv6t?
for me, the port works when i do iboot legacy + retail 10.6.3 for usb2
but since i have no 3.0 usb device, i don't know if it works.
but with the experimental usb3 driver, i don't get kernel panic. so it may be working

Hi i have a dv6-6024tx that is very similar to most on here I have tryed the setup that worked on here but for the life of me i cant get it to boot from the hdd i keep getting boot0 errors

ive tryed numerous things to fix it with no success so i was wonder what you guys are using to boot it

Hey guys sorry to bump this thread but I keep getting the same as the guy above me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back