Contribute
Register

help dv6t sandy bridge 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.I have a DV6-6002ev.Im getting "Mac Os X can't be installed on this computer" while im following tazzix guide.any thoughts or help will be appreciated

Well I have a similar computer, specs are in signature. I've been following this thread and tried tazzix's way but I'm kind of a noob at this so I guess I need help.

All I got so far is via Ibootlegacy + Mac Os 10.6.3 retail DVD - It installs fine.
Update to 10.6.7 via comboupdate.
BridgeHelper 2.1 installs but doesn't seem to do much.

Almost anything I do in Multibeast doesn't have results or crashes the system.

So... I got the Os running, usb 2.0 working fine and trackpad too, but graphics are low res and system can't detect almost anything.

My guess is I got to install all the drivers some other way that's not multibeast, how can I do that?

I know all about the extra folder, kexts and boot stuff, but I don't know where to find them and where to put them.

I also don't know if my graphics card is compatible cuz it is AMD Radeon HD 6770M but it's 2gb, not one like most. I know they use this one on the new iMacs so I guess it should be.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Cheers

Hello everyone.
Excuse my English, I google helps.
I have a 6181 hp dv6 i7 2630qm ati 6490m (the same as the mac pro).
I managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6 with iBoot legacy and to upgrade it to 10.6.6 with comboupd.
It does not work the audio, graphics, and I recognized only 1 processor.
Can you tell me how to to recognize only the 4 i7 processors so that I can upgrade to LION.

I have read the previous posts, but I find it hard to understand.

@loris760
Lion will automatically see your 4 core processor on your 2630qm. As for graphics I cant help you there but for audio try out Voodoohda.

ttotto said:
@loris760
Lion will automatically see your 4 core processor on your 2630qm. As for graphics I cant help you there but for audio try out Voodoohda.

Thank you for reply.
I can't update to Lion because my Snow Leopard installation recognize only one processor.
To upgrade to Lion's need at least a dual core.

Nobody know how do it?

All you gotta do is use update helper to update to 10.6.8 and that should come with a compatible kernel for your processor. From that step you can install Lion =]

ttotto said:
All you gotta do is use update helper to update to 10.6.8 and that should come with a compatible kernel for your processor. From that step you can install Lion =]

When I upgrade to 10.6.8 I have a kernel panic about the cpu.
Can I upgrade just to 10,6,7 but the problem remains of a single processor.

Help guys, please.

eXtremee said:
used kyle_c bootfile and overwrited my existing boot file on macintosh partitions with kyle's. Restart

How can i do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back