Contribute
Register

help dv6t sandy bridge 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using normal Iboot or iboot legacy with the boot flags above?

ttotto said:
Are you using normal Iboot or iboot legacy with the boot flags above?
the latest normal iboot with chimera 1.3

badman1223 said:
Laptop is in fedex's hands... 5-7 days
sweet, i will finally have someone test installation with me.

I am using an HP DV6-6011TX (Singapore Model) only a bit similar to yours, but posting anyways, it has:

- Core i7 2630QM 2.0 GHz
- 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
- Intel HD 3000
- ATI HD 6770M (1 GB DDR5)
- RALink Wifi module
- RTL8xxx LAN

- I have a USB Wifi dongle which works albeit being a hassle, but RALink has this weird popup thing and not integrated with the Airport mechanism. Still works.

Installed retail Mac OS X 10.6.3 using iBoot legacy and upgraded to 10.6.7 using combo update, installed bridgeHelper.

When I boot from iBoot:
- Processor 2.0 GHz Unknown (all 8 threads visible and used in Activity Monitor)
- RAM detected as 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Graphics stuck at 1024x768x16bit no GPU detected
- No Wifi
- LAN works
- Keyboard / Trackpad / USB working

I tried installing Multibeast with different combinations, the best I got so far is:
- KP (unless I use cpus=1)
- Processor 2.0 GHz Core i7 detected, shows 8 threads, only one utilized in Activity Monitor
- RAM still at 800 GHz DDR2
- Graphics become 1024x768x32bit, both GPUs detected, intel one is active
- No Wifi
- LAN works
- Builtin keyboard / trackpad does not work, usb3 ports crash system, could only use USB mouse.

I will be posting any updates and watching your progress for any pointers. I am planning on trying the legacy kernel, or the early 2011 mac update. I can see what the legacy kernel will do from iboot legacy boots. But hopefully the kexts for ATI will help.

The show stoppers for me are:
- Builtin keyboard has to work
- Resolution of 1366x768 has to be working

It would be nice to be able to use the ATI GPU instead of Intel one but I can live with it, if it helps with battery life.

For the time being using my older laptop which has everything working including sleep to disk, its running Mac OS X for last two years, the machine served me well for over 4 years:
HP DV6000, C2D 1.83 GHz T5600, 3 GB 800 MHz DDR2, Nvidia 7400 Go, D-Link USB Wifi with RALink chipset.

Now are you running the kernel from the latest bridge helper with your i7-2630qm because mine never works it just reboots ofter Darwin begins to load. So I have to use legacy kernel to boot.

ttotto said:
Now are you running the kernel from the latest bridge helper with your i7-2630qm because mine never works it just reboots ofter Darwin begins to load. So I have to use legacy kernel to boot.
i'm using mach_kernel i think.
because i installed os x, and i used multibeast to get iboot functionality (following tonymac's guide) and used chimera bootloader

EUREKAAA!!!

Got mine working as per my liking!

@ninditsu, your specs are identical to mine except that mine has the model number DV6-6011TX (Singapore Model).

I changed to plan-B, to get QE/CI working on Intel HD 3000 (which is built-in to the i7 processor). Reasons being that I have consoles for gaming and the Intel GPU saves battery :)

Here is what is working:
- Core i7 2630QM detected as 2.0 GHz Unknown Activity Monitor shows all cores and 4 are being used, not sure of hyper threading.
- Intel HD 3000, detected with proper resolution 1366x768x32 with 3D effects, screen brightness controls working
- 4GB RAM detected as 800 MHz DDR2 but seems OK.
- USB 2.0 working fine, 3.0 ports crash and lock the system, not a big deal for now
- Keyboard and touchpad working fine
- Using USB WiFi dongle, my laptop has a RALink 5390 PCIe/m card and RALink is probably the only company giving official Mac drivers so they might be coming soon :)
- Battery icon showing up in tray and working as expected
- Bluetooth working and toggles using keyboard
- Just installed SleepEnabler kexts not tested, also installed smart sleep for hibernate to disk, also need to test
- Volume keys show change in volume but there is no change and need to use preference pane VoodooHDA for volume control.

Here is what I did:

- iBoot Legacy + SL 10.6.3 retail installation
- iBoot Legacy again for booting first time
- 10.6.7 (universal) update
- BridgeHelper 2.1
- MultiBeast (several tries with different settings, nothing worked)
- Used /Extra folder from iBoot to setup /Extra on HDD
- Overwrote kernel to use 10.7.0 Legacy
- Installed IntelAppleHD.....kext files
- Other kexts for touchpad, voodoobattery, voodooHDA, etc.
- Kyle_C has a boot file for SandyBridge and Intel HD 3000

All in all took a night and a day and a lot of reading on different forums and blogs to get here. :) :)

Thanks to all who made this possible !!! :) :)

Now going to launch migration assistant and put my older Hackintosh for sale :( it served me well.

Any questions or anything that can help you are most welcome, its just I seem to be in a different timezone from most people here.

Thank you a lot, tazzix.

Today I will try your steps on my dv7-6053er. It almost looks like yours' laptop. The same problem with my ati. But can you please post your boot.plist to examine it.

Once again, thanks a lot for your efforts.

Tazzix
Do you get qe ci?
A test that I know of is a ripple appears after dropping a widget on the dashboard if qe ci works. Also front row runs as a nuclear option test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back