Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send me your current EFI folder.

Also did you try the nvidia drivers from that link?

Ok. Yes, it seems they are not working. I switch to NVIDIA from OS X drivers, it asks me to restart, I do, it goes back to OS X drivers and strange flashing screen after entering password for about 10 seconds

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 99
Ok. Yes, it seems they are not working. I switch to NVIDIA from OS X drivers, it asks me to restart, I do, it goes back to OS X drivers and strange flashing screen after entering password for about 10 seconds
Okay, that is an easy fix:

Open the Clover installer again and tick the "Install RC scripts on target volume" (And the other fields). Should look something like the screenshot that I have attached, doing this will make nvram variables actually save. (Just install on top, it shouldn't change any custom files already there).

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 23.45.37.png

Reboot and go into the nvidia drivers and switch to nvidia web driver.

Reboot.

Also please remove these 4 kexts from your EFI folder. They are know to cause kernel panics and are not really required :)
Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 23.50.20.png

Last edited:
Okay, done. Only problem now is max resolution of my GFX card seems to be 1080. I have a 2k monitor. ;)

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 5.05.10 PM.png

Screen isn't taking up entire monitor in 1080

Overscan help size but resolution still only 1080

Okay, done. Only problem now is max resolution of my GFX card seems to be 1080. I have a 2k monitor. ;)

View attachment 208326

Screen isn't taking up entire monitor in 1080
And it is using the Nvidia web driver?

How is your screen connected? (Use DisplayPort)

Try disconnecting it and reconnect it.

Also do you have any other monitors that you can test with, as we could then rule out either the monitor or nvidia driver.

Last edited:
And it is using the Nvidia web driver?

How is your screen connected? (Use DisplayPort)

Try disconnecting it and reconnect it.

Also do you have any other monitors that you can test with, as we could then rule out either the monitor or nvidia driver.

Sorry, I totally forgot I used an HDMI cable when I started this a week ago :p DisplayPort cable fixed the resolution <slaps self in face>.

Now if I can just get bluetooth working, I'll be at 100%. I am using an OLD Dell wired keyboard and a really cheap cobra mouse. If I have to go wired, I will buy a mac aluminum and I am sure there is some mouse out there. Apparently, even though mu bluetooth dongle says it's for Windows & Mac, it's not working. I will see if I can plug it in a few different ports but the one I have it in now, the lights come on when inserted.

Sorry, I totally forgot I used an HDMI cable when I started this a week ago :p DisplayPort cable fixed the resolution <slaps self in face>.

Now if I can just get bluetooth working, I'll be at 100%. I am using an OLD Dell wired keyboard and a really cheap cobra mouse. If I have to go wired, I will buy a mac aluminum and I am sure there is some mouse out there. Apparently, even though mu bluetooth dongle says it's for Windows & Mac, it's not working. I will see if I can plug it in a few different ports but the one I have it in now, the lights come on when inserted.
Can't really help with the bluetooth sorry :(

I use this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/c...ini-cards-pcie-and-mini-pcie-adapters.147734/ which works great.

There is still one step, the USB config :)

I'm willing to help you with that, but you need to tell me which internal ports you use (I assume you want all ports on the I/O shield working?)

You can also run the script yourself if you want to try it :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/usb-layout-z170x-ud3-board-jpg.202751/

This picture shows the motherboard, if you just list the ports you use.

Example:

I have 2x USB 3.0 (Front USB) connected to HS03, HS04, SS03, SS04. (HS03 and HS04 are the USB 2.0 component of the USB 3.0 port while SS03 and 04 are the USB 3.0 component of the USB 3.0 port)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it may also fix your USB bluetooth dongle, as the EFI folder you send me earlier today does not contain the ports patch (Which means that some USB ports may be disabled / Not defined correctly (As proprietary instead of USB 3.0/2.0).)

Last edited:
Can't really help with the bluetooth sorry :(

I use this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/c...ini-cards-pcie-and-mini-pcie-adapters.147734/ which works great.

There is still one step, the USB config :)

I'm willing to help you with that, but you need to tell me which internal ports you use (I assume you want all ports on the I/O shield working?)

You can also run the script yourself if you want to try it :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/usb-layout-z170x-ud3-board-jpg.202751/

This picture shows the motherboard, if you just list the ports you use.

Example:

I have 2x USB 3.0 (Front USB) connected to HS03, HS04, SS03, SS04. (HS03 and HS04 are the USB 2.0 component of the USB 3.0 port while SS03 and 04 are the USB 3.0 component of the USB 3.0 port)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it may also fix your USB bluetooth dongle, as the EFI folder you send me earlier today does not contain the ports patch (Which means that some USB ports may be disabled / Not defined correctly (As proprietary instead of USB 3.0/2.0).)

HS07/08 are the ports I am using for my two front USB ports. That is all I have that is not on the I/O shield. I have no idea what to do, so if you can help I would appreciate it.

HS07/08 are the ports I am using for my two front USB ports. That is all I have that is not on the I/O shield. I have no idea what to do, so if you can help I would appreciate it.
Please drop me another copy of the EFI folder :)

EDIT: Can you also get a copy of the clover boot log?

Download this: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/

Open it and click on boot.log then click Generate log and you should get something like this:
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 03.18.04.png
Then click save boot.log to desktop and attach that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 86
  • bootlog.log.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 116
Okay, here it is!
I edited the post, could you also get me that boot.log? :)

EDIT: If it tells you, you cannot run it, left click and press open.

EDIT2: Scratch that i missed the boot.log -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back