Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've clearly done something wrong...

. Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 12.19.13 PM.png

Am supposed to be booting from the usb still FROM THE usb or from the ssd?
From the ssd, mount the EFI partition and copy the EFI folder over

Also you can find the SSDT generated by ssdtPrGen in:

~/Library/ssdtprgen

Thanks for all your help! I got this working for the most part. Right now, I can't get bluetooth working (doesn't show up in apple menu with dongle attached). Is there some fix for that somewhere? Nvidia drivers say they are not compatible with this version of OS X. Can't seem to connect to my airport base station for time machine but I may be doing something wrong there. Haven't set one up in ages.

Thanks for all your help! I got this working for the most part. Right now, I can't get bluetooth working (doesn't show up in apple menu with dongle attached). Is there some fix for that somewhere? Nvidia drivers say they are not compatible with this version of OS X. Can't seem to connect to my airport base station for time machine but I may be doing something wrong there. Haven't set one up in ages.
I don't know about the Bluetooth and wifi, but try these Nvidia driver: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/n...cs-drivers-for-os-x-10-11-6-346-03-15.198033/

Also did you change anything about the USB? As the EFI folder I sent you includes a patch that may or may not cause problems in the long term (which is why I created the script for this motherboard).

I don't know about the Bluetooth and wifi, but try these Nvidia driver: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/n...cs-drivers-for-os-x-10-11-6-346-03-15.198033/

Also did you change anything about the USB? As the EFI folder I sent you includes a patch that may or may not cause problems in the long term (which is why I created the script for this motherboard).

I didn't change anything. Is there some way for me to check what is supposed to be there? I have done so much, I don't know my head from behind at this point :p

I didn't change anything. Is there some way for me to check what is supposed to be there? I have done so much, I don't know my head from behind at this point :p
Send me your current EFI folder.

Also did you try the nvidia drivers from that link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back