Not open for further replies.
Okay final touchups (DO NOT REBOOT UNTIL AFTER DOING ALL OF THEM!):

Delete these:
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 03.22.47.png
Delete this:
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 03.22.57.png
Replace this:
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 03.28.58.png
With this: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases/download/1.0.13/1.0.13.RELEASE.zip

Place the attached files USB-SSDT.aml and SSDT-5.aml like this:
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 03.31.40.png
Replace this:
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 03.32.20.png
With the one attached to this post.

Attachments

• SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml
    295 bytes · Views: 122
  • SSDT-5.aml
    10.9 KB · Views: 108
  • USB-SSDT.aml
    113 bytes · Views: 95
okay, did all that. Still no bluetooth but that's ok. I am not sure exactly what I just did is supposed to do but I'll take your word for it.
Thanks, man. Not a lot of people would take this much time to help out a stranger. You're a good man! :)

okay, did all that. Still no bluetooth but that's ok. I am not sure exactly what I just did is supposed to do but I'll take your word for it.
Thanks, man. Not a lot of people would take this much time to help out a stranger. You're a good man! :)
1.: Clean up folders to not confuse Clover.
2.: Remove the old USB injector
3.: Update AppleALC.kext
4.: New USB method, which configures ports correctly
5.: Update the Audio ID for new version of AppleALC.kext

:)

Also, if your GPU looks like the picture below, plug your DisplayPort into the port marked with red, this is mostly cosmetic, but will make the 2. stage of the Apple boot logo look nicer :)
NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-IO-ports.png

If you want iMessage to work just follow this guide: An iDiot's Guide To iMessage the config.plist already contains some values for all of these, but I purposefully did them in a way where iMessage does not work, as everyone should use their own values :)

Also, np I have been hacking away on this motherboard since december, so I know most of the things that can go wrong, but I hadn't seen your case before, always fun to learn something new. :)

I'm not sure but I think that the original problem was that the USB installer was somehow corrupted.
I don't know if you remember, but did you download the El Capitan installer just before starting the install or was it an older version (Anything before 10.11.4 would be causing problems).

Last edited:
1.: Clean up folders to not confuse Clover.
2.: Remove the old USB injector
3.: Update AppleALC.kext
4.: New USB method, which configures ports correctly
5.: Update the Audio ID for new version of AppleALC.kext

:)

Also, if your GPU looks like the picture below, plug your DisplayPort into the port marked with red, this is mostly cosmetic, but will make the 2. stage of the Apple boot logo look nicer :)
View attachment 208342

If you want iMessage to work just follow this guide: An iDiot's Guide To iMessage the config.plist already contains some values for all of these, but I purposefully did them in a way where iMessage does not work, as everyone should use their own values :)

Also, np I have been hacking away on this motherboard since december, so I know most of the things that can go wrong, but I hadn't seen your case before, always fun to learn something new. :)

I'm not sure but I think that the original problem was that the USB installer was somehow corrupted.
I don't know if you remember, but did you download the El Capitan installer just before starting the install or was it an older version (Anything before 10.11.4 would be causing problems).

I downloaded just before the install. I realized something and don't know if it makes a difference but the first time I made the install USB, I did it from a macbook with Yosemite on it. Then, if you remember, the second time I downloaded it, my sister installed El Capitan to her macbook. I then re-downloaded the installer and made the new install USB. I was able to boot immediately after that. I don't know if that was a coincidence or not.

I think this bluetooth dongle might be defective as bluetooth availablility seems to come and go here with it. I may just get a keyboard and mouse with their own dongles but I promised my sister I would keep this build under $1200, not including monitor and I did so far pretty much. A keyboard and mouse would probably be another $100 or so, I am guessing.

Thanks, are you using my USB method? (USB-SSDT.aml + SSDT-5.aml) or are you using USBInjectAll.kext?

Both your's and @robtwopointoh's xh_rvp10 tables match, but it shouldn't really matter as Clover is dropping the table and injecting the modified one.

I'm using your USB method with the generated .aml files.

I downloaded just before the install. I realized something and don't know if it makes a difference but the first time I made the install USB, I did it from a macbook with Yosemite on it. Then, if you remember, the second time I downloaded it, my sister installed El Capitan to her macbook. I then re-downloaded the installer and made the new install USB. I was able to boot immediately after that. I don't know if that was a coincidence or not.

I think this bluetooth dongle might be defective as bluetooth availablility seems to come and go here with it. I may just get a keyboard and mouse with their own dongles but I promised my sister I would keep this build under $1200, not including monitor and I did so far pretty much. A keyboard and mouse would probably be another $100 or so, I am guessing.

Bluetooth have always been pretty flakey for me (Since 10.5.4), only thing that works is the iMac card I linked a few pages back.

Did you see the picture of the port to use?

As you are not the primary user of the system, I would definitely fix up the iMessage and iCloud (Generate serial, MLB and so on) (Also check that they are actually working before handing over the system :) ). Also keep a backup of the EFI partition as a way to recover (preferably with the Serial, MLB and so on already included in the config.plist)
Instruct her to NOT update the system before you verify that the update is "safe", as a new version will require a new version of the web driver.

Also I plan on doing a full guide for macOS 10.12 whenever it is released, which will also include a smaller guide explaining an upgrade path, if this guide was used for the original install. (Should be pretty easy as the the current guide just required me to replace 1 kext file and update the nvidia web driver to get the macOS beta running).

EDIT: I'm off to bed now :)

I'm using your USB method with the generated .aml files.

Thanks for confirming.

I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. they are from my sisters old imac that died a couple months ago, the reason I told her I would build her one, so she didn't have to keep spending $2k every 2 or 3 years for a new machine. ;)

Bluetooth have always been pretty flakey for me (Since 10.5.4), only thing that works is the iMac card I linked a few pages back.

Did you see the picture of the port to use?

I guess I missed that.

As you are not the primary user of the system, I would definitely fix up the iMessage and iCloud (Generate serial, MLB and so on) (Also check that they are actually working before handing over the system :) ). Also keep a backup of the EFI partition as a way to recover (preferably with the Serial, MLB and so on already included in the config.plist)
Instruct her to NOT update the system before you verify that the update is "safe", as a new version will require a new version of the web driver.

I did tell her not to update. iMessage seems to be working. I forgot to check iCloud. I will do that tomorrow. I am currently backing up to the 2GB HDD I installed until I can get her airport extreme working. I believe I have to connect it with a LAN cable to get it setup but didn't have one so I will have to do tomorrow. I will also back up on something I can put in her safe, like the USB stick.

Also I plan on doing a full guide for macOS 10.12 whenever it is released, which will also include a smaller guide explaining an upgrade path, if this guide was used for the original install. (Should be pretty easy as the the current guide just required me to replace 1 kext file and update the nvidia web driver to get the macOS beta running).

EDIT: I'm off to bed now :)

Me too. Well, after a few games to blow off the steam of working 12 hours today ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back