Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...

Just to confirm, you are mounting the EFI partition right? (Not the one with the "Install OS X El Capitan.app")

Correct

Your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched contains: XOSI-WIN10.aml and SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml?

Will have to check this later but I think so

Is your USB drive a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0
device?

Usb is a 2.0 16gb cruzer

I know that you have probably checked this a million times, but int your BIOS you have these set correctly?

I have not only done these settings settings but have also tried many variations and generally go back to these

XHCI Hand-off: Enabled

Legacy USB Support: Disabled

Serial Port 1: Disabled (Which is in the sub section Super IO Configuration)

Could you give me another verbose boot screenshot?

Also try the attached EFI folder.

I will do that when I get back. I had to leave for a bit

The problem I saw on your last verbose boot screenshot is that NON of your USB ports (USB 2.0 and USB 3.0) are being detected by OS X, which is really really wierd....

Hmmm...beats me. The usb stick is lighting up when "installing" and the light goes out when I pull it. That's about all I can tell you on that

Hmmm...beats me. The usb stick is lighting up when "installing" and the light goes out when I pull it. That's about all I can tell you on that
Thanks for the answers.

I have attached (yet) another EFI folder, which contains some extra USB patches (Allowing for up to 30 USB ports, we only have 24 defined on ours) and USBInjectAll.kext

I wouldn't advise using that configuration in the long run, but if we are able to just get into the installer, then we are able to better debug what is wrong.

Please try the EFI attached here as the first one. It should inject all ports, which would let me know if we are in fact dealing with a USB problem. As always if it doesn't work, attach verbose :)

Also if at all possible, try another USB drive, I had unexplained errors in the past, which was fixed by using another USB drive for installing.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG

20160825_212029.jpg

Now I apparently need a wired mouse to continue? I only have wireless so have to go home and get a wired'wired. Might do tomorrow, as I am beat af.

I tried your new EFI folder, it didn't work so I redid the usb stick with the new download of El capitan and tried again and IT WORKS!

@tasc Are you also using the F6 bios? If so, do you have the time to dump your ACPI tables? I really want a third set of tables to compare :)

Attachments

• tables.zip
    56.4 KB · Views: 85
Now I apparently need a wired mouse to continue? I only have wireless so have to go home and get a wired'wired. Might do tomorrow, as I am beat af.

I tried your new EFI folder, it didn't work so I redid the usb stick with the new download of El capitan and tried again and IT WORKS!

I use a wireless mouse (Logitech G602) that is connected with a USB dongle, are you using a Bluetooth mouse or a wireless mouse with a USB dongle?

tables.zip

Thanks, are you using my USB method? (USB-SSDT.aml + SSDT-5.aml) or are you using USBInjectAll.kext?

Both your's and @robtwopointoh's xh_rvp10 tables match, but it shouldn't really matter as Clover is dropping the table and injecting the modified one.

I use a wireless mouse (Logitech G602) that is connected with a USB dongle, are you using a Bluetooth mouse or a wireless mouse with a USB dongle?

Thanks, are you using my USB method? (USB-SSDT.aml + SSDT-5.aml) or are you using USBInjectAll.kext?

Both your's and @robtwopointoh's xh_rvp10 tables match, but it shouldn't really matter as Clover is dropping the table and injecting the modified one.

Am using the most recent recent EFI folder you sent me. I was thinking of going back to try the original but I want to get OS X installed on the hard drive first.

I have a wired mouse now but I totally forgot I bought her a bluetooth dongle because I had a feeling bluetooth would be a pain to get installed. Anyway, I will use wired for the moment, I guess and see what happens. Of course, I had to reboot to get the mouse to work, so I am hoping I can get to the install screen again with it :0

Am using themes recent EFI folder you sent me. I was thinking of going back to try the original but I want to get OS X installed on the hard drive first.

I have a wired mouse now but I totally forgot I bought her a bluetooth dongle because I had a feeling bluetooth would be a pain to get installed. Anyway, I will use wired for the moment, I guess and see what happens. Of course, I had to reboot to get the mouse to work, so I am hoping I can get to the install screen again with it :0
Yeah get the install done first, then try the stuff in the first post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back