Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did these in Clover Configurator. Is there something beyond this? This is the part of the process I had trouble understanding fully.

There is no SMBIOS whitelist for BCM4352.
The handoff patch you have looks correct.
AirportExtreme branding patch not needed when using FakePCIID.

There is no SMBIOS whitelist for BCM4352.
The handoff patch you have looks correct.
AirportExtreme branding patch not needed when using FakePCIID.

Isn't that what the third line up from the bottom in my screenshot is? "10.11-BCM94352-Whitelist..."?

Hi, can someone help me get my Wifi+Bluetooth working again on my Gigabyte Z87x-UD5 TH board. I think it has the AzureWave AW-CB123H card, under El Capitan 10.11.

It was working fine in my previous install(Maverick), after a clean install to 10.11, I've tried several method but it just doesn't work. I followed this page https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Here are couple of kexts I've tried that are not working:

1) BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
2) BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

it seems strange that I can't get it to work as the card is listed as one of those tested successfully "[13d3:3404] Azurewave (4352HMB) *"

thanks!

Isn't that what the third line up from the bottom in my screenshot is? "10.11-BCM94352-Whitelist..."?

I'm saying it is not needed. There is no whitelist implemented in the kext.

Hi, can someone help me get my Wifi+Bluetooth working again on my Gigabyte Z87x-UD5 TH board. I think it has the AzureWave AW-CB123H card, under El Capitan 10.11.

It was working fine in my previous install(Maverick), after a clean install to 10.11, I've tried several method but it just doesn't work. I followed this page https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Here are couple of kexts I've tried that are not working:

1) BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
2) BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

it seems strange that I can't get it to work as the card is listed as one of those tested successfully "[13d3:3404] Azurewave (4352HMB) *"

thanks!

You likely have a USB problem. Make sure the device is showing on the USB bus before pursuing any bluetooth specific solutions.

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext is the correct way. But they must be installed to /S/L/E. Make sure you read the README.

You likely have a USB problem. Make sure the device is showing on the USB bus before pursuing any bluetooth specific solutions.

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext is the correct way. But they must be installed to /S/L/E. Make sure you read the README.

Thanks for the reply. I did read through the README and installed all the kexts in the /S/L/E. Interesting that you've mentioned it could be USB problem, I've never thought about it before.
However, in what way could it not be working correctly and how would I troubleshoot it? Is it supposed to also show up on under USB in System Reports? Because as far as I can tell it's working fine, as all my USB peripherals are working such as the webcam, logitiech mouse, bluetooth 4.0 dongle(used to substitute onboard bluetooth). The System Reports also shows my USB correctly including USB3. thanks!

OK following your hint it's finally working!
I first loaded FakePCIID, FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 & FakePCIID_XHCIMux(not sure if this is needed). Then my wifi is working, so I looked into System Reports under USB and saw the newly showed up "BCM20702A0". I then installed the BrcmPatchRAM2 & BrcmFirmwareRepo and now both my Bluetooth & Wifi is working.

I've just tried using Airdrop with my Macbook 2015, I can see the Macbook but the Macbook cannot see my Hackintosh. Also the 5Ghz band is not working on my Wifi. Any idea how to get Airdrop to work both ways? Thank you very much!

Update: ignore my question, everything is working great now thanks! :D

Have not been able to fix my bluetooth problem in el capitan, I went ahead and fixed my USB issues and the ports are working fine but I can't seem to get BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to enable my Bluetooth. In system profile in About This Mac under Bluetooth it has no information, but when I check my USB section under USB 2.0 Hub BCM20702A0 is showing... not sure what else to do? anyone have any ideas?

Hi

Can anyone explain how to use the Clover/kext patch installation method? I downloaded config-bcm94352-103.plist and config-bcm94352-110.plist to copy the relevant patches (I'm using El Capitan, Clover and a BCM94352HMB) to my Clover config.plist, but the formatting is totally different (see below examples).

From the patch:
Code:
KernelAndKextPatches = {
		KextsToPatch = (

From my config.plist:
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>

I tried to match up the values as it looked easy enough to translate, but it didn't seem to work. I'm also not sure the Find/Replace values are in the right format. Ended up using the alternative installation methods and now everything does work, but I'd prefer to inject with Clover to avoid headaches when OS updates come out.

Thanks for any and all help in advance! I know I'm probably missing something obvious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back