Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm if this guide is still valid with El Capitan?
Any issues with iMessage (couldn't find a hint above).

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if this guide is still valid with El Capitan?
Any issues with iMessage (couldn't find a hint above).

Thanks!

The methods in post #1 are valid for 10.11.

This thread has nothing to do with iMessage.

Hello, i got a Broadcom BCM943225HM (without B). I see everyone talking about the BCM943225HMB (with B). I noticed that my card only has WiFi, not bluetooth. Anyway, there's a way to make it work on Yosemite / El Capitan or only the BCM943225HMB model ?

Thank you, and sorry about my terrible english.

Hello, i got a Broadcom BCM943225HM (without B). I see everyone talking about the BCM943225HMB (with B). I noticed that my card only has WiFi, not bluetooth. Anyway, there's a way to make it work on Yosemite / El Capitan or only the BCM943225HMB model ?

Thank you, and sorry about my terrible english.

It (WiFi) works with the same kexts... FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext.

Read up on the whitelist patches too...

It (WiFi) works with the same kexts... FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext.

Read up on the whitelist patches too...

Installed FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, using Kext Utility, and rebooted the system.

- WiFi icon appeared on the bar;
- WiFi added to "Network" under System Preferences
- "About this Mac" recognized card as Airport Extreme
- DPCIManager recognized as "Wireless Network Adapter (802.11 a/b/g/n)"

But on Network, appears Status: Off, with a button to Turn Wi-FI on. But don't matter how much times i click this button, the status don't change. My laptop doesn't have a button to turn WiFi on/off (Sony VAIO SVF1532L1EB). Am I missing something, maybe jumping some step ?

Installed FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, using Kext Utility, and rebooted the system.

- WiFi icon appeared on the bar;
- WiFi added to "Network" under System Preferences
- "About this Mac" recognized card as Airport Extreme
- DPCIManager recognized as "Wireless Network Adapter (802.11 a/b/g/n)"

But on Network, appears Status: Off, with a button to Turn Wi-FI on. But don't matter how much times i click this button, the status don't change. My laptop doesn't have a button to turn WiFi on/off (Sony VAIO SVF1532L1EB). Am I missing something, maybe jumping some step ?

Use the dedicated button on your laptop to turn the device on. Keep in mind Macs don't have a button like that, so OS X knows nothing of an external power control.

Also, test it on Windows first (to make sure it is installed correctly).

On some laptops, you need to tape pin 20.

Use the dedicated button on your laptop to turn the device on. Keep in mind Macs don't have a button like that, so OS X knows nothing of an external power control.

Also, test it on Windows first (to make sure it is installed correctly).

On some laptops, you need to tape pin 20.

As i said, my laptop doesn't have any button/key to turn wifi on/off. I taped pin 20 and...
Voilá, its working ! :headbang:

Thank you very much my friend !

According to the logs and ioreg, BrcmPatchRAM is doing its job. And the Broadcom BT drivers are loading. What happens after that is between the Apple drivers and the firmware.

BTW, strange have both kexts installed to /S/L/E and to be injecting them from Clover/kexts.

So it turns out I was just being stupid. When I brought my computer home (I was doing all my troubleshooting at work), it detected my Magic Trackpad right away and it seems to be working fine so far. However, I don't seem to be getting any Continuity features as of yet. The computer is connected to my home network via Ethernet and my iPhone is on the Wi-Fi. They're both logged into the same iCloud account. Any suggestions?

So it turns out I was just being stupid. When I brought my computer home (I was doing all my troubleshooting at work), it detected my Magic Trackpad right away and it seems to be working fine so far. However, I don't seem to be getting any Continuity features as of yet. The computer is connected to my home network via Ethernet and my iPhone is on the Wi-Fi. They're both logged into the same iCloud account. Any suggestions?

Did you add the handoff/hotspot patch appropriate for your version of OS X?

Did you add the handoff/hotspot patch appropriate for your version of OS X?

I did these in Clover Configurator. Is there something beyond this? This is the part of the process I had trouble understanding fully.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 11.38.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 11.38.27 AM.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back