Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I finally have el capitan running with clover on my custo mac. Everything except wifi is working well. I have the BCM943225HMB Wifi/BT card.

Bluetooth is working - I had nothing to fix. But I have no idea how to fix wifi. Before el capitan I was running mavericks and wifi was working after some try and error.

I am ab bit desperate because I tried so many things without success.

canyou help me...the thread is too complicated...I don't even know how to add a kext file ...

:((

HI I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

Got everything working, Wifi+ Bt of CE123H card.

I can connect to 5ghz but when I do I get max 300mbps. I am connected via 40mhz and not 80mhz. I did the 5ghz patch and the handoff patch as well as the BRCMpatch as well.

Anyway to solve this? Thank you.

Neztea

Attachments

• Neztea iMac.ioreg
    11.2 MB · Views: 81
HI I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

Got everything working, Wifi+ Bt of CE123H card.

I can connect to 5ghz but when I do I get max 300mbps. I am connected via 40mhz and not 80mhz. I did the 5ghz patch and the handoff patch as well as the BRCMpatch as well.

Anyway to solve this? Thank you.

Neztea

Antenna issue?

Antenna issue?

I thought it was too, So I rechecked my installation of the card onto my ga-h87n-wifi and everything is connected correctly including the cables for the antenna

I doubled checked my router settings to only allow 80mhz on channel 161

But, Now, this is what I get.. Sigh, but otherwise driver wise and kext wise it is all good though from the ioreg?

Any other reasons why I may not get the full potential of a ce123h wireless card? thanks :)

Neztea

Edit: On my other partition with windows 10, I get the full experience with the wireless card just to make sure I didn't get a dud card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 10.24.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 10.24.10 PM.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 135
  • windows10ce123h.png
    windows10ce123h.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 10.23.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 10.23.49 PM.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 283
...Sigh, but otherwise driver wise and kext wise it is all good though from the ioreg?

I use different a setup. I use FakePCIID kexts as it gets the kexts loaded and fixes Airport Extreme branding all at once.

I use different a setup. I use FakePCIID kexts as it gets the kexts loaded and fixes Airport Extreme branding all at once.

Alright, I'll give it a go and see if that fixes the problem.

So would I just use kext utility to just install the fakePCIID kext with the bcm9435z kext, or would I have to undo all my changes to clover and then try it?

Thank you once again for helping me out, I can use wifi and bt and it all works well, but it just seem so strange that I cannot for the love get full connectivity :S

Neztea

Alright So I found a solution to my problem.

Had done a reinstall of OS X 10.11 due to not having a backup of my original kexts.

Next I had done the FakePCIID installation with the bcm kext, then I had done the bthandoff and BCMPATCH.

I think the issue was was the country code as I had done CA instead of the US. Now it all works :)

Neztea

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 2.16.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 2.16.32 AM.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 285
PCI Card not listet as internal

Hello Guys,

i can't get my Qualcom Atheros AR9280 to work properly.
It is not listet in System Information/PCI:

This computer doesn't contain any PCI cards or devices. If you installed or connected, a PCI card or device, make sure they’re properly installed.

It is listed under System Information/Network:

Wi-Fi:

Type: AirPort
Hardware: AirPort
BSD Device Name: en1
IPv4:
Configuration Method: DHCP
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
Ethernet:
MAC Address: 00:23:4e:6f:ae:33
Media Options:
Media Subtype: Auto Select
Proxies:
Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
Service Order: 2

DCPI Manager does not mark it as internal. and says its an AR928x Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express)

I am on OS X 10.11 with Clover and i have Basic DSDT.aml from tonymac and SSDT.aml for my Cores.

And SSDT-1.aml from this thread:
wireless_half-mini-master/airport_ssdt_enabler/airport_ssdt-ami6-ar928x_v1/SSDT-2.aml
It is used as SSDT-1.aml as far as i have only one SSDT.aml before in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Also i have for config.plist in Clover configurator used ACPI->SSDT->Drop OEM.
It's laying in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

I had rebuild the Cache from DCPI Manager also.
So far i have no Idea why this card does not work.
Maybe someone can point me in the right direction where do begin to solve my Problem.

System is:

GA-Z68X-UD5B3 BiosF10
i7 2600 3,4 GHz
GeForce GT 740 SC
16GB Corsair 1333 MHz DDR3
WiFi Card: Qualcon Atheros AR9280

------

Update after logging in back from English into German.
It is now listed in PCI as:

Atheros AR9x8x 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Controller:

Name: AirPort Extreme
Typ: AirPort
Treiber installiert: Nein
MSI: Nein
Bus: PCI
Steckplatz: PCI Slot 0
Hersteller-ID: 0x1033
Geräte-ID: 0x0194
Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x1458
Subsystem-ID: 0x5007
Versions-ID: 0x0003
Link-Breite: x1
Link-Geschwindigkeit: 5.0 GT/s

But iMessage is not working and DCPI Manager says it is not internal–

Any ideas?

Attachments

• DCPI_Manager_01.jpg
    DCPI_Manager_01.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DCPI_Manager_02.jpg
    DCPI_Manager_02.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 84
Alright, I'll give it a go and see if that fixes the problem.

So would I just use kext utility to just install the fakePCIID kext with the bcm9435z kext, or would I have to undo all my changes to clover and then try it?

Thank you once again for helping me out, I can use wifi and bt and it all works well, but it just seem so strange that I cannot for the love get full connectivity :S

Neztea

No need for other WiFi related kexts with the FakePCIID solution.

Maybe a stupid question, but can anyone explain to me how I do use a file like: config-bcm94352-110.plist? How do I add this to config.plist? As far as I can see it does not have the same format (</dict>, <key>).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back