Contribute
Register

EXPERIMENTAL ATI 5770 GraphicsEnabler=Yes: Guide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macway44 said:
I tried iBoot GE. When I insert SL retail DVD, the screen goes black and disconnects. I tried with -v -x option. Didn't see any errrors.

XFX ATi Radeon HD 5770 single slot

That sounds strange...

Please have a look at your device id of your card. Maybe a new id is used for single slot cards which is not yet implemented into Chameleon. At present the following device ids are implemented (RC5 Rev. 668) -> device ids 68B8 and 68BE

Extracted from ati.c
{ 0x100268B8, "ATI Radeon 5700 Series"} ,
{ 0x100268BE, "ATI Radeon 5700 Series"}

Device ID is 0x100268B8.
When I boot with my old 9800 GTX, install 10.6, run 10.6.5 Combo update + Multibeast with Kabyl experimental, change to my XFX 5770 single slot, it's OK.
But when I boot with Iboot GE, i have a black screen after the boot screen.

PS:Excuse my english

Than this a question for Tony or MacMan which have developed/assembled iBoot GE. For them it should be easy to tell the difference between iBoot GE and Chameleon RC5 (Kabyl).

Macway44 said:
I tried iBoot GE. When I insert SL retail DVD, the screen goes black and disconnects. I tried with -v -x option. Didn't see any errrors. The below is my configuration. Any help appreciated:

Core i7 860
DDR3 2000 8 GB (I also tried with 4 GB)
P55A-UD4 - Motherboard
XFX ATi Radeon HD 5770 single slot
You need the regular iBoot for your video card.

Thanks Macman,

I'll try the universal iboot.

Tried to get this going with existing 32bit install with 5870.
Installed the 10.6.5 update and ran new multibeast selecting the ati experimental chameleon loader and 64 bit boot screen.

system wont boot. Oh noes. I now realise the ATY_init should have been removed etc.

with iBoot I have no usb (using the iboot 5xxx 3 boot cd), otherwise system boots fine with iBoot.

Is there another iBoot disc I can use to rescue the system and not have that dreaded 100% fan, black screen problem?

Thanks in advance...

steve_ said:
Tried to get this going with existing 32bit install with 5870.
Installed the 10.6.5 update and ran new multibeast selecting the ati experimental chameleon loader and 64 bit boot screen.

system wont boot. Oh noes. I now realise the ATY_init should have been removed etc.

with iBoot I have no usb (using the iboot 5xxx 3 boot cd), otherwise system boots fine with iBoot.

Is there another iBoot disc I can use to rescue the system and not have that dreaded 100% fan, black screen problem?

Thanks in advance...

Use the latest iBoot CD:
Public/iBoot.zip

It supports both ATI and nVidia Cards

Why do you need USB to delete the ATI_Init?

I can't do anything without USB as my keyboard and mouse are kind of useless without it.

I only skimmed through the guide here so I'm just starting to figure this one out lol, so never mind my assumptions about the ATY_Init kext.

steve_ said:
I can't do anything without USB as my keyboard and mouse are kind of useless without it.

I only skimmed through the guide here so I'm just starting to figure this one out lol, so never mind my assumptions about the ATY_Init kext.

I would remove ATI_Init.kext if you are planning on using Kabyl's boot file.

You should be able to get into OSX with the latest iBoot CD - that CD has got me out of a lot of situations where I've messed up my hack settings.

Ok, got it working in 64bit with the Uakari boot file!
That new iBoot CD did the job!
Now just to get sound working again... 10.6.5 killed it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back