Contribute
Register

EXPERIMENTAL ATI 5770 GraphicsEnabler=Yes: Guide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrchrister said:
i'm gonna try out uakari now...

That solved my Final Cut hang issue. I switched over from Vervet to Uakari and stability seems to have returned for the most part. Still running in 32 bit mode, but I just need ot be able to edit, so it's good enough for now.

Anyone got the XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB with 5 mini-display ports working ?

I've tried with the ATI experimental multibeast option, 32bit, no ATY_int.kext in /S/L/E and with no luck.

Would it make a different extraction the ROM and put it in the Extra folder ?

I have no problem with full screen 1080p playback on my screen. 24" BenQ. My system is set up to run 64bit mode though. There is an option to select a 64bit com.apple.boot.plist in Multibeast so that you can run 64bit mode. Or you can alter your existing com.apple.boot.plist file. (Tis found in your "Extra" folder which is in your root partition) This may or may not work for you.

J

xp3rienc said:
I have of course tried with the 64bit kernel but I thought maybe 32bit was easier to start with :) No luck on the 64bit kernel either :(

What are your specs? Your sig must be out of date.

1) Fresh install of 10.6.3 (Retail), then combo update of 10.6.5 (combo includes all new ATI drivers for 5000 series cards) without doing any multibeast, or anything else. (Make sure you use the latest iboot, or your usb may not function properly)
2) Run Multibeast and install Kabyl experimental booter with 64bit kernel extensions (com.apple.boot.plist etc.) as well as other necessary multibeast options. Reboot
3) On reboot, if you get either 100% fans or no desktop appearing, go through the list of possible framebuffers provided in this thread, I think on page 12. Don't try different ports yet, just FB's, making sure to reboot every time it doesn't work.

4) If this still doesn't work, boot up with windows or freeDOS and check the device ID of your card. If it is different than 68b81002, you need to ad it to a kext, though 10.6.5 was supposed to address this issue. I don't know if your card is a reference design or not, but if it has 5 mini display, it probably isn't. There has been some talk of non-ref. design cards being more difficult to use. I think the reason is that since the apple version of the card has mini display as well and apparently the Apple Cinema display only works with an apple card, even if the non apple card has mini display.

Hope this sheds some light, if not, sorry. I haven't been following things as closely for a while.

J

I am on 10.6.5 with the graphics update 1.0, ATI Experimental RC5, DSDT. I don't think it would make a difference reinstalling just to come where I'm alredy at.

I consider my self a "power user" if I can say that. I have worked with hackintoshes since early Leopard, and I have build 30++ hackintoshes the last two years.

"(Make sure you use the latest iboot, or your usb may not function properly)"

-This i have done in my own DSDT, I have the USB ports fully functionaly, I can even charge my iPad with the hackintosh.

Only files in my Extra/Extension folder is fakesmc.kext, 889audio kext, the rest is done by DSDT including the IOAHCIOrangeIconFix...

UPDATE:

Installed Windows, extractet the rom 1002_68b8.bin, rename it to *.rom, put it in the Extra folder, added UseAtiROM=yes to com.apple.boot.plist. No difference.

Re-installed OSX 10.6.3 Retail ( on a spare drive I had ), Combo update 10.6.5, Multibeast with ATI Experimental Chameleon, DSDT, 64bit com.apple.boot.plist.
Used the same ROM, tried all Frambuffers on page 12 on this post. No luck there either.

Guess I'm returning this card and buying me a Apple HD5770 Card :)

xp3rienc said:
I am on 10.6.5 with the graphics update 1.0, ATI Experimental RC5, DSDT. I don't think it would make a difference reinstalling just to come where I'm alredy at.

I consider my self a "power user" if I can say that. I have worked with hackintoshes since early Leopard, and I have build 30++ hackintoshes the last two years.

-This i have done in my own DSDT, I have the USB ports fully functionaly, I can even charge my iPad with the hackintosh.

Only files in my Extra/Extension folder is fakesmc.kext, 889audio kext, the rest is done by DSDT including the IOAHCIOrangeIconFix...

UPDATE:

Installed Windows, extractet the rom 1002_68b8.bin, rename it to *.rom, put it in the Extra folder, added UseAtiROM=yes to com.apple.boot.plist. No difference.

Re-installed OSX 10.6.3 Retail ( on a spare drive I had ), Combo update 10.6.5, Multibeast with ATI Experimental Chameleon, DSDT, 64bit com.apple.boot.plist.
Used the same ROM, tried all Frambuffers on page 12 on this post. No luck there either.

Alright, well I'm sorry this didn't work for you then. I didn't mean to play down any experience you might have with builds. I am on my first Hackintosh, and have little to no other more detailed computing experience. I was merely hoping to offer a solution based on what I know. I hope if you sell your card that you get something that works exactly how you want it to. Cheers!

J

xp3rienc said:

UPDATE:

I checked the XFX site, but it's either a typo or they have pulled out the card you mentioned. Just to clarify (sorry if it sounds stupid), but does your card have 5 display port outputs? I haven't seen that ever, but I got that from one of your posts.
In any case considering it is a typical 2DVI, HDMI, Display Port reference configuration, my question would be: Have you gotten any video from the HDMI, or DVI ports?
I can get DVI and/or HDMI video depending on the framebuffer I use. I don't have any display port monitors to test however. I believe you can only get 2 types of outputs combination at this time.
In any case, I am runing Uakari for my HDMI out. I rely mainly on DSDT except for 3 kexts: one for my sorry 888b codec, Fakemc, and drive appereance which I guess I should look into fixing. I have been concentrated in getting HDMI audio to work, so that it is my current priority. Your board also plays nice with audio thru HDMI, so once you get video going, audio support if you plan to use HDMI should be a breeze.
I think you should be able to boot in 64 bit with graphics enabled, latest Chameleon with Kabyls mod and some type of framebuffer. If you hear your fans at full speed during the OS boot up, you know that the framebuffer needs to change. I think you said you try them all, but give it another shot with a DVI or HDMI monitor as well to make sure your setup elsewhere is kosher.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back