Contribute
Register

EXPERIMENTAL ATI 5770 GraphicsEnabler=Yes: Guide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dchefpr said:
will this work in my Intel H55 Cheapset ?

I'm fairly certain it's independent of chipset, but I could most certainly be wrong. Have a look on Google, you should be able to find something. You will have to try to find the most recent info on Chameleon, but another place to look is on Insanelymac.com.

J

Hey guys,

If there's anyone still using ATI_Init, UseAtiRom, boot 9, or any other ways of getting your 5770 to work then please head over here and I'll do my best to get it working with MultiBeast and no ROMs or kexts.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11465

Hi there.

I came to the described solution in a slightly roundabout way, and it worked like a charm, HOWEVER...
When I was using ATY_Init with my XFX5770, I could boot only into 32-bit mode, but sleep/wake did work just fine, WITHOUT any sleepenabler.
Now the card is fully operational (well, didn't test the mDP yet) both in 32 and 64, BUT the machine does not wake up from sleep!.. The fans and LEDs come up, blank screen, no reaction to keyboard.

Mobo: DX58SO, MultiBeast 3.2.0, no other binaries beyond Chameleon 2.0RC5. GraphicsEnabler=Yes, UseAtiBios=Yes, the BIOS file taken from XFX.
Should I try another bootloader?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Weird issue here:

My desktop loads but I'm stuck at either a frozen spinning apple or verbose mode (when using the bootflag -v of course)
I can use the keyboard to reboot so osx is loaded but cannot see it.
In verbose mode I get the error:

Device in slot: SLOT-1

Any ideas lads? thx

Snowy said:
Hi guys,
Device in slot: SLOT-1
Any ideas lads? thx

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, UseATiRom=yes, and place the BIOS dump in /Extra.

I can't download the attached file. When I try do download it i get a 19 kb zip file that winzip can'topen instead of a 3.01 MiB zip file.
Anyone knows what I could be doing wrong?

Jinior said:
I can't download the attached file. When I try do download it i get a 19 kb zip file that winzip can'topen instead of a 3.01 MiB zip file.
Anyone knows what I could be doing wrong?

As stated above - this guide is out of date. Please don't resurrect old threads when there are plenty of new ones and the 5770 is a well supported card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back