Contribute
Register

DSDT for GA-EP45-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to corey and sudds for this DSDT. I installed 10.6.6 last week using EasyBeast and while everything was good, it wasn't perfect...namely sleep wasn't working.

I stumbled across this thread and, after deleting a few kexts, ran multibeast with this DSDT and everything is perfect...sleep and all!

So, again, thank you! Installing SL has been pretty painless on my relatively old system.

WOuld you be so good enough to tell us what kexts you do install?

@Corey / Sudds.

I had issues with F12 on this board with false Smart messages from the HD drives. I use a modified 13e.

Because I also overclock, I believe the DSDT in this thread is not 100% correct for my set up. I've tried the auto-patchers but still no joy.

I've got the latest FakeSMC and plugins and have access to all the hardware info I need. Even the PState changer works fine, as does audio and graphics. But as you may have guessed, sleep isn't working. And I'd really like this as I had it under W7.

I've attached my bios which I extracted whilst booting from a Live CD of Ubuntu.

I've tried myself to modify this but I'm confused as to what really need to be applied or not considering the "fixes" you can apply via Chameleon, like USB fix, P and C State generation.

Many thanks. I'd be really appreciative of some assistance.

Attachments

• GA-EP45-UD3R-Rev-1.1-Bios 13e DSDT Ubuntu.aml
    19.1 KB · Views: 93
The only thing I installed was the ALC8xxHDA audio codec in MultiBeast. I also had to download drivers for my keyboard to have full functionality (volume control). That's it!

OK. Thanks. So no FakeSMC installed either? (I thought this was a "must have" kext?)>

Do you use "generate" P and C states in your plist?

I've managed to meld my 13e Bios with the F12 that was posted in here, so Sudd's amended one I changed and added 4 lines from my 13e Bios. That's all.

The sleep is now working! Yay! However, on shutdown I find the system fan still whirrs and the Bios CMOS gets reset. :(

Also since using the modified DSDT I can no longer overclock and get OSX to boot. May be the P-States at fault. Without generated P-states and stepping, the CPU does run about 8-10C hotter.

So although I've solved the sleep issue, I've created another. I hope Sudds makes an appearance to advise/help!

MultiBeast automatically installs fakesmc when you check User DSDT so, yes it's installed.

I haven't done anything with generating p or c-states and I'm not familiar with it to be honest. It sounds like you know more than I do...I've just been lucky that everything has been straight forward and I haven't had any major issues. My sleep works perfectly (so far) and I haven't had any problems with CMOS resetting so I don't know what's going on there.

Wish I could be more help, but I just started doing this last Thursday so I'm still a noob!

OK, thanks for responding! I've been doing this for 2 weeks longer than you, so still groping in the dark myself.

Yer, shutdown resets my CMOS. :(

You're on F12 bios I presume?

I may revert to F12 and use Sudd's last attachment, and I'll just turn off the Smart check on the disk drives. The issue I had (and it's not a problem the way OSX handles software raid) is that when my 4x500Gb drives are in Raid 0, the W7 drivers had trouble with the odd way in which the bios handled Smart messages from the drive array because it couldn't determine which drive was giving a message. OSX Raid is totally different to the Intel/Microsoft implementation.

I like having my sleep mode working again! Just need to make sure I don't turn off by mistake!

I just wanted to make note that this DSDT also worked really well on my GA-EP45-UD3P with F14 bios.

Are you using iStat Pro or iStat Menus, Pro looks like this :
Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 19.50.48.png

and only shows temps of two cores. iStat Menus looks like this :
Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 19.51.30.png

and it shows temps off all my Q9550 cores. iStat programs get all their information from Fakesmc plugins, there is no way to make a dsdt for it.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 19.50.48.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 19.50.48.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 19.51.30.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 19.51.30.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 278
As far as I know only way to show core temps in Istat programs is to use Fakesmc with Intelthermal or IntelCpuMonitor plugin. At some point those plugins were included inside Fakesmc.kext, maybe you were using such old version of Fakesmc with Cartri bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back