DSDT for GA-EP45-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sudds said:
That DSDT should have worked for you.
Try a clean install and start again.
Where did you get the DSDT you used?

The DSDT is the one from this thread.

So, I reinstalled and everything is working great now. I'll also say that I was trying to use an Nvidia GTS 450, and I was having a lot of issues with it. So I went back to my ATI HD 4830, and that has solved the other issues I was having as well.

As of right now, I seem to have a 100% functioning Hackintosh...albeit with some lackluster graphics performance. However, I'm getting higher framerates with the older card than I was with the 450.

edit: To clarify, the other issues that were taken care of were that my install stopped booting from the hard drive for some reason, and I was having the fermi card freeze up issue with the gts 450. So I imagine the boot up issue was resolved with new install, and obviously the freezeup issue was fixed with the graphics card switch.

Sudds said:

I too have this board with a 10.6.6 system where everything works except for sleep. The sleep turns off machine except for System Fan, and then won't wake.

I tried the first couple DSDTs on this thread. I haven't yet tried the last one posted by corey. Can you specify which DSDT posted in this thread "should" work?

Also another Question: since its taken me a long time to get to this point (no KPs, working audio), can I just backup /Extras before running Multibeast?

ppg677 said:
Sudds said:

I too have this board with a 10.6.6 system where everything works except for sleep. The sleep turns off machine except for System Fan, and then won't wake.

I tried the first couple DSDTs on this thread. I haven't yet tried the last one posted by corey. Can you specify which DSDT posted in this thread "should" work?

Also another Question: since its taken me a long time to get to this point (no KPs, working audio), can I just backup /Extras before running Multibeast?

PS-- my board revision is 1.0 instead of 1.1. :/

Sudds said:
I dont have a Rev 1.0, extract a clean dsdt and i,ll edit it for you.

That would be awesome! I'd buy you a beer if I could :)

Attached is dsdt extracted from a Ubuntu Live CD. I updated BIOS to F12 this morning before taking clean dsdt.

Attachments

• unedited_rev1.0_dsdt.aml
    19.1 KB · Views: 89
ppg677 said:
Sudds said:
I dont have a Rev 1.0, extract a clean dsdt and i,ll edit it for you.

That would be awesome! I'd buy you a beer if I could :)

+1

Sudds is a legend :thumbup:

Also Tonymacx86, and MacMan

I've tried and given up on Hackintosh at least four times over the years. The ease of install using iboot / Multibeast / DSDT blows my mind.

I have the following hardware:
GA-EP45-UD3Rv1.1
Core 2 Quad Q6600
NVIDIA 8400GS

My setup is working using the non-DSDT method via iBoot/Multibeast. I am now wondering if there an advantage to using the DSDT method? Would it increase performance or provide for additional functionality?

Thanks in advance for your replies, and thanks for all the work for fellow Hackintosh owners!!

foulbeast

Has anyone managed to control the fan speeds on this board? I've drawn a blank.#

SMCFanControl doesn't load at all.
Fan Control doesn't do anything.

MB is a 1.1 with a F13e upgrade. BIOS is set to voltage and control via BIOS (i.e. not auto as this requires PWM fans I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back