Contribute
Register

DSDT for GA-EP45-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmaenpaa said:
That piece of code should be under device PX40, or LPCB if it has been renamed. It gives your LPC device same device id that an ICH10 board like MacPro 3,1 has.
I added the fragment to the device LPCB section, and also fixed a "length is larger than min/max window" compile error. AppleLPC now loads, and I get the third "Start automatically after power failure" checkbox. But enabling it doesn't fix auto-sleep like I thought it would. Any other ideas? Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck with SleepEnabler. Thanks anyway.

flinstone said:
mmaenpaa said:
That piece of code should be under device PX40, or LPCB if it has been renamed. It gives your LPC device same device id that an ICH10 board like MacPro 3,1 has.
I added the fragment to the device LPCB section, and also fixed a "length is larger than min/max window" compile error. AppleLPC now loads, and I get the third "Start automatically after power failure" checkbox. But enabling it doesn't fix auto-sleep like I thought it would. Any other ideas? Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck with SleepEnabler. Thanks anyway.

Is your system still able to sleep when forced from menu ? If that's the case then I'd recommend using PleaseSleep application. Fully working auto sleep is quite rare, even many real Macs have problems with that.

I am running a GA-EP45 UD3R-F12 with a quad Q8300 overclocked to 3.5GHz with 8GB memory and a 9800 GT graphics card. I really like and highly recommend the USB memory stick install method described in this article:
"http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t259068.html"

It's has just been updated for the 10.7 final release. See the many comments. It's fairly easy to do. Before building the USB memory stick I added the DSDT for my motherboad plus a couple of 64x kexts that enable the PS2 port for my beloved PS2 keyboard.

It worked like a charm, after the install it just boots up and there are no sleep wakeup reset problems, etc. Use MultiBeast to add features. And best of all you end up with a Lion installer on a bootable USB memory stick customized for your Hackentosh rig. In August Apple intends to offer Lion on a memory stick for $69.

I use the "stock" DSDT-GA-EP45-UD3R-F12.aml that I download from TonyMac 07/21/11

After everything was checked out I did this to significantly reduce bootup time
-------
Move all the kext files in Extra/Extensions to System/Library/Extensions.
wiki/index.php/Kernel_cache
Run Kext_Utility.app ver 2.5.ob Lion Ready after moving the kext files from E/E to S/L/E.
http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/
Then add "UseKernelCache=Yes" to org.chameleon.Boot.plist to speed up bootup.
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25483&hilit=+Lion+Tips+
Can also use Kext Wizard to both move kexts and update system cache.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=253395

HTH

mmaenpaa said:
Is your system still able to sleep when forced from menu ? If that's the case then I'd recommend using PleaseSleep application. Fully working auto sleep is quite rare, even many real Macs have problems with that.
I had a brain cramp - everywhere I said "SleepEnabler", I meant the "PleaseSleep" application. Yes, I'm using PleaseSleep as a login item for each account, but it doesn't run at the login screen, so no sleep if everyone is logged out. If only my kids would remember to click the 'sleep' button, too, like turning off the lights.

flinstone said:
I had a brain cramp - everywhere I said "SleepEnabler", I meant the "PleaseSleep" application. Yes, I'm using PleaseSleep as a login item for each account, but it doesn't run at the login screen, so no sleep if everyone is logged out. If only my kids would remember to click the 'sleep' button, too, like turning off the lights.

Then I'd say that your problem cannot be solved by any software. Have you tried a different dvd drive, my old GA-EP45-UD3 system for example does have fully working autosleep when I disconnect dvd drive.

mmaenpaa said:
Then I'd say that your problem cannot be solved by any software. Have you tried a different dvd drive, my old GA-EP45-UD3 system for example does have fully working autosleep when I disconnect dvd drive.
You're brilliant! I unplugged my DVD drive and autosleep works without PleaseSleep. I had tried removing it long ago, but it didn't work. Most likely because Energy Saver wasn't patched too, and I didn't have the third checkbox. Autosleep also works if I leave a disc in the drive. For the record, this drive is a Samsung S223B. My other hackintosh has a Sony Optiarc and it autosleeps just fine. Thanks for all your advice!

OK,

Maybe this is reviving a dead topic, but for those who want to skip over 8 pages of chat, this mobo still does work 100% (sound, network, sleep, graphics) at least as far as 10.6.8 with the following considerations;

Have a compatible video card (I've used a slowish Nvidia GT220, natively supported)
Have a compatible DVD drive for sleep to work (Sony OptiArc)
You use the attached DSDT file (it's the same one from several pages back, but reposted for those joining the thread late.
You use the following settings when using MultiBeast (current as of 3.8.0)

• UserDSDT
    System Utilities (both checked)
    Drivers/Audio/Realtek/AppleHDArollback
    Drivers/Misc/FakeSMC
    Bootloaders/Chimera
    Customization/Boot Options/64-bit Apple Boot Screen

With different video cards, your mileage may vary, but the above works for me.

All credit to Sudds for the DSDT edits, and working with me months back on it.

Cheers.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.1 KB · Views: 228
coreyinoz said:
OK,

Maybe this is reviving a dead topic, but for those who want to skip over 8 pages of chat, this mobo still does work 100% (sound, network, sleep, graphics) at least as far as 10.6.8 with the following considerations;

Have a compatible video card (I've used a slowish Nvidia GT220, natively supported)
Have a compatible DVD drive for sleep to work (Sony OptiArc)
You use the attached DSDT file (it's the same one from several pages back, but reposted for those joining the thread late.
You use the following settings when using MultiBeast (current as of 3.8.0)

• UserDSDT
    System Utilities (both checked)
    Drivers/Audio/Realtek/AppleHDArollback
    Drivers/Misc/FakeSMC
    Bootloaders/Chimera
    Customization/Boot Options/64-bit Apple Boot Screen

With different video cards, your mileage may vary, but the above works for me.

All credit to Sudds for the DSDT edits, and working with me months back on it.

Cheers.

Which bios version is that for? Cheers

Could I please see what your BIOS settings are?

I've been trying to get iB+MB complete a stable build, and my board is the same as yours -- I'm even using sudds' DSDT from this thread.

I can make it to 10.6.7 without audio, and no SMC readouts. If I go further, I get KPs on boot, or if it gets to the desktop I can make it KP just by plugging in a USB device into any port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back