Contribute
Register

DSDT for GA-EP45-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wondering about a working DSDT for this board and BIOS revision.

I made my own using these instructions: (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... dtaml.html)

But it won't boot with Chameleon (kernel panic). The iBoot disc works fine though, and it's the closest the unified Realtek audio solution seems to get to working. I'm not too keen on needing a CD in tray at all times to boot though.

The lastest DSDT that Sudds posted gives me CMOS checksum errors as well, so the previous one posted seems to work the best as far as I can tell, with some problems such as drives showing up as external.

I'm curious if there are any other necessary hacks needed to get this particular DSDT working right.

EDIT: Got the Unified Realtek driver working with the HDAEnabler. Sweet.

Transparent said:

See attached for the DSDT that Sudds made for me based on the F12 BIOS, which worked perfectly after 3 rounds of back and forth :D

Auto Sleep, Forced Sleep, USB, etc, etc, etc. Everything just works.

All thanks to Sudds!

I see that Gigabyte has quietly rolled out some beta BIOS's for this mobo to help fix SMART issues on Sandforce based SSD's. Gigabyte e-mailed me BIOS 13f over the weekend, and the raw DSDT is not the same. I haven't had a chance to check if that means anything yet, but anyone using the last official BIOS (12 as of this writing) can use this DSDT with confidence.

coreyinoz

Attachments

• EP45-UD3R-Rev 1.1-Bios F12 DSDT.aml
    16.1 KB · Views: 263
Thanks! This works amazing - you're right, everything just works!

I've been using an autopatched DSDT - worked very well, but this looks like it's perfect. Thanks, Sudds and corey!

coreyinoz said:
Transparent said:

See attached for the DSDT that Sudds made for me based on the F12 BIOS, which worked perfectly after 3 rounds of back and forth :D

Auto Sleep, Forced Sleep, USB, etc, etc, etc. Everything just works.

All thanks to Sudds!

I see that Gigabyte has quietly rolled out some beta BIOS's for this mobo to help fix SMART issues on Sandforce based SSD's. Gigabyte e-mailed me BIOS 13f over the weekend, and the raw DSDT is not the same. I haven't had a chance to check if that means anything yet, but anyone using the last official BIOS (12 as of this writing) can use this DSDT with confidence.

coreyinoz

Transparent said:

Glad it worked for you.

Since my last post, I updated my BIOS to beta 13f to fix my SMART issues with my Win 7 SSD.

I'm happy to report that the DSDT attached above still works perfectly even though I did extract slightly different DSDT's from BIOS version 12 and BIOS 13f. All I did was flash my BIOS, and boot into OSX without consequences.

Also updated to 10.6.6 via software update while I was at it. No issues there either :)

coreyinoz said:
Transparent said:

Glad it worked for you.

Since my last post, I updated my BIOS to beta 13f to fix my SMART issues with my Win 7 SSD.

I'm happy to report that the DSDT attached above still works perfectly even though I did extract slightly different DSDT's from BIOS version 12 and BIOS 13f. All I did was flash my BIOS, and boot into OSX without consequences.

Also updated to 10.6.6 via software update while I was at it. No issues there either :)

Sweet! :headbang:

I'm a bit of newbie here, but I was hoping that I could get a question answered related to this. I have this same board, with bios version F12, just like the author. When I did my installation I grabbed this DSDT file to use with my installation, thinking obviously this would work perfectly.

However, after installation I'm not getting any audio at all? Is there a reason for this? Would my dsdt still be unique from his even with the same board and bios?

Aerimus said:
I'm a bit of newbie here, but I was hoping that I could get a question answered related to this. I have this same board, with bios version F12, just like the author. When I did my installation I grabbed this DSDT file to use with my installation, thinking obviously this would work perfectly.

However, after installation I'm not getting any audio at all? Is there a reason for this? Would my dsdt still be unique from his even with the same board and bios?

Your audio is ALC889a
So i recommend installing ALC8xxHDA with multibeast.
No need for the rollback.

Sudds said:
Aerimus said:

Your audio is ALC889a

I just tried this, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick? Also, after booting fine for a couple boots, I'm having a kernel panic now when I boot from the hard drive. Therefor i'm having to get in using my iboot disc instead of booting from the hard drive. I can get in via safe mode only otherwise.

To be more specific; My computer will boot up into iboot, and automatically start booting SL if I don't press any buttons. After a few seconds it has a dark "shade" come down from the top and tells me to restart the computer in several languages. So I can go back and reboot, then hit a button and press -x to get into safe mode. Or I can use the iboot disc to boot all the way into my SL installation normally.

I feel like I'm so close...yet not quite making it over the hump.

Aerimus said:
Sudds said:
Aerimus said:

Your audio is ALC889a

I just tried this, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick? Also, after booting fine for a couple boots, I'm having a kernel panic now when I boot from the hard drive. Therefor i'm having to get in using my iboot disc instead of booting from the hard drive. I can get in via safe mode only otherwise.

To be more specific; My computer will boot up into iboot, and automatically start booting SL if I don't press any buttons. After a few seconds it has a dark "shade" come down from the top and tells me to restart the computer in several languages. So I can go back and reboot, then hit a button and press -x to get into safe mode. Or I can use the iboot disc to boot all the way into my SL installation normally.

I feel like I'm so close...yet not quite making it over the hump.

Whats your boards revision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back