Contribute
Register

DSDT for ALC889

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you should start with a "known good" ALC889 patched AppleHDA.kext. Then install it on a fresh install (in /S/L/E overwriting vanilla AppleHDA.kext). Make sure you have the correct ACPI patches for it.

I've tried that. I took a patched HDA from my H61N-USB3 which also has ALC889. The device ID in ioreg when VoodooHDA is present is totally different to what it shows in DCPI Manager now that's what I don't get. I googled the Device ID from ioreg when VoodooHDA is present and it turns out to be ALC885? Could you check ioreg and see what you think?

I've tried that. I took a patched HDA from my H61N-USB3 which also has ALC889. The device ID in ioreg when VoodooHDA is present is totally different to what it shows in DCPI Manager now that's what I don't get. I googled the Device ID from ioreg when VoodooHDA is present and it turns out to be ALC885? Could you check ioreg and see what you think?

The only reliable way to determine codec id is to gather an audio codec dump from Linux.

device-id is different from codec-id.

The only reliable way to determine codec id is to gather an audio codec dump from Linux.

device-id is different from codec-id.

I've done that. But Linux give out different id to what Voodoo does that's the thing I don't get.

I've done that. But Linux give out different id to what Voodoo does that's the thing I don't get.

No idea unless you're more specific about what ids you are referring to.

The codec-id is different from the HDA device-id. The codec is something separate connected to the HDA. HDA device part of Intel chipset (in the case of modern onboard audio), where codec is connected and is usually not Intel (except in the case of Intel HDMI audio).

No idea unless you're more specific about what ids you are referring to.

The codec-id is different from the HDA device-id. The codec is something separate connected to the HDA. HDA device part of Intel chipset (in the case of modern onboard audio), where codec is connected and is usually not Intel (except in the case of Intel HDMI audio).

So here are the files. Could you please check my work to see where I'm going wrong please. If you look at ioreg with voodooHDA present the IDs are different.

Thanks mate.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
Your codec dump definitely shows ALC889 (0x10ec0889).

Unlike AppleHDA, VoodooHDA does not publish the codec id anywhere in ioreg.

Your codec dump definitely shows ALC889 (0x10ec0889).

Unlike AppleHDA, VoodooHDA does not publish the codec id anywhere in ioreg.

So what do I have to do? How does AppleHDA look? The one I've attached with the dump and ioreg?

Which post?

Hi Rehabman. Been spending sometime as I have had today off work and got tomorrow off work. Any how I've got a bit closer I think. Managed to get the AppleHDA patched from the Linux dump. Now I have popping and buzzing through my sound system once OS X boots up but then I play audio it stops humming but still no sound. I'm guessing it's sending some sort of signal through green line out port what do you think? Spent the hole day doing this. Thanks.

Hi Rehabman. Been spending sometime as I have had today off work and got tomorrow off work. Any how I've got a bit closer I think. Managed to get the AppleHDA patched from the Linux dump. Now I have popping and buzzing through my sound system once OS X boots up but then I play audio it stops humming but still no sound. I'm guessing it's sending some sort of signal through green line out port what do you think? Spent the hole day doing this. Thanks.

Probably a mistake in Platforms XML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back