Graphics
RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi RehabMan. Just wondering if you could give me a idea. I added HDEF to my DSDT for ALC889 codec how ever using Clover Audio injection i have no audio output wether its through Headphone or back 6 ports. Would you have any ideas on why theres no Audio? This is for a desktop btw. Or would it be better to create a Audio injector kext?

Hi RehabMan. Just wondering if you could give me a idea. I added HDEF to my DSDT for ALC889 codec how ever using Clover Audio injection i have no audio output wether its through Headphone or back 6 ports. Would you have any ideas on why theres no Audio? This is for a desktop btw. Or would it be better to create a Audio injector kext?

You need an appropriately patched AppleHDA or injector. It is not enough to have only DSDT patches.

So where do i begin? with a dump from linux or something?

Tried Multibeast but get no Audio. Ill use Google thanks.

Tried Multibeast but get no Audio. Ill use Google thanks.

Keep in mind you need correct ACPI patches to inject correct layout-id.

You should be looking at ioreg and kextcache output to determine your mistake.

Ill look into it RehabMan cheers.

Keep in mind you need correct ACPI patches to inject correct layout-id.

You should be looking at ioreg and kextcache output to determine your mistake.

Hi RehabMan. Going back to this thread. Im about to create a Ubuntu Boot Stick to take the dumps from Linux for Audio. Is this the correct terminal command to take the dump? cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 ? this is the first time for me to do this using Linux so i need to learn from scratch.

Hi RehabMan. Going back to this thread. Im about to create a Ubuntu Boot Stick to take the dumps from Linux for Audio. Is this the correct terminal command to take the dump? cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 ? this is the first time for me to do this using Linux so i need to learn from scratch.

Probably. You can use 'ls' to see what is at /proc/asound, etc.

Probably. You can use 'ls' to see what is at /proc/asound, etc.

Okay thanks RehabMan ill give it ago. How do you normally take the dumps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back