Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fender73,

Please keep this topic to questions on BitterMelon's build only. Any other support questions- create your own thread in an appropriate tonymacx86 Forum section. TIA.

Fender73: Dude, relax with the posts and use edit. I think you should start from the beginning, start off with reading through the vital guides and this thread from the beginning, and alost make sure you read up about how how you should handle your GPU. There are a lot of information on this site, use it.
Good luck and I am confident that you will make it if you know a little more about this before you even begin. I believe in you.

Hi, I have the same case, motherboard and cooler as the chip build.

I have a problem in that the backplate for the cooler block does not seem to line up with the holes. Does anyone have any experience with this or can offer any insight?

Edit: the actual backplate has small labels on each of the 3 holes on each corner. There was one labelled 1156 so I went for that and it worked fine. Leaving this here incase anyone else comes across this problem and is hesitant for not wanting to break anything!

Hi anyone with similar specs!!!
I recently received my Z77N WIFI, and for 3 days i cant get the install OS X screen...
So frustated... because this is my 3 hackintosh and two others i dont have any problem with install, everything running smooth.
My specs:
Gigabyte Z77N WIFI
I5 3750K
Corsair H80
Samsung 256GB SSD (for system)
Black Caviar 1TB (for files)
GSkill 16GB
Sony Blu-Ray
ATI 6870 (but using HD 4000 on-board to install)
No matter what bios config i use, i always get panic with restart button screen...
Anyone help???

So I have a strange dilemma here, I ordered my CPU from ncix and told them to reformat my 256gb solid state drive for osx and to just instal windows on my 128gb ssd but they switched what I wanted, so I had to reformat my 256gb ssd to osx journaled and installed osx on it, (what I wanted), and I also had to reformat my 128gb ssd to GUID fat 32, but when I go to install windows it says I can only instal on NTFS hard drives. I can't change to NTFS in disc utility so wtf? I have to take my ssd out and reformat in a windows CPU? Is there no other way?

Try following this...

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167245

I believe that is what you are talking about.

Also, with the internet you referred to earlier, try deleting network devices and adding again, worked for me.

BitterMellon or anyone with a similar build, I was wondering if iTunes home sharing is confirmed to work. Not video air play, but just library sharing to devices like iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, and iPod touch. I would like to do this build but home sharing is very important to me and it seems like it isn't talked about to much. Thank you for your time, and what a great build!

I have home sharing to ATV3 working, airplay and airplay mirroring are also working.

I had to remove the realtek driver from multibeast and go with the lnx2mac one as the realtek was very flaky. lnx2mac solid so far.

Hey Bittermelon,

Excellent build! This helped me greatly building mine. One question though, about the Dell wifi card. Was it simply plug and play, I just purchased the same one and am currently waiting on mine to arrive. i.e. Do i just take out the old card and put in the new one and everything works? or does some coding/kexting need to be done? This is my first hackintosh so I am quite novice, but using your guide I have zero problems on my SSD dual booting GTX 670 version of this. If you could keep the answer as simple as possible I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Hey Bittermelon,

Excellent build! This helped me greatly building mine. One question though, about the Dell wifi card. Was it simply plug and play, I just purchased the same one and am currently waiting on mine to arrive. i.e. Do i just take out the old card and put in the new one and everything works? or does some coding/kexting need to be done? This is my first hackintosh so I am quite novice, but using your guide I have zero problems on my SSD dual booting GTX 670 version of this. If you could keep the answer as simple as possible I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Yep, just remove the one in the GIGABYTE board and replace with the Dell Atheros card. Worked out of the box for me.

Hi everbody, no matter what i do i always get this panic
Anybody can help me
Thanks

Attachments

• Verbose.JPG
    Verbose.JPG
    778.8 KB · Views: 401
So I have a strange dilemma here, I ordered my CPU from ncix and told them to reformat my 256gb solid state drive for osx and to just instal windows on my 128gb ssd but they switched what I wanted, so I had to reformat my 256gb ssd to osx journaled and installed osx on it, (what I wanted), and I also had to reformat my 128gb ssd to GUID fat 32, but when I go to install windows it says I can only instal on NTFS hard drives. I can't change to NTFS in disc utility so wtf? I have to take my ssd out and reformat in a windows CPU? Is there no other way?
This is now getting seriously off topic, it's not even OS X anymore. :p

Anyways, just forget about pre-formatting the drives, let the Windows install format the 128 GB drive for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back