Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use the very similar gigabyte can't remember what it's called starts with hn something maybe hn7 anyways this is also a mini itx card but it doesn't do overclocking and I think you'll have to use up another pci slot for wifi but u have to use a mini itx card the prodigy cases for sure.

Hey bitter melon any idea on the black screen, I'm stuck for now

found one that has built in blue tooth and wifi for $15bucks.

Would you be so kind as to tell us what card this is? I'd love to have a mini card that has both wifi and bluetooth--no dongles! A link to a product page would be even better! Thanks.

First ever computer build, up and running. Need to figure out a native BT dongle for wake sleep.

ML 10.8.2 | i7 3770 | ga-z77n-wifi | 16gb LP 1600 ram | SD 64gb | H60 | AR9820 | SS450W SFX | FT03 Mini | DVI to acer x203h

mac_mini_pro.pnggeekbench.png

Thanks again! :thumbup: A ton of reading, a ton of trail and error and yes, more reading.

A few things that helped me (not sure how though, maybe someone knows):

GA's user manual identifies sys fan header and cpu fan header differently on page 21 and 23
Reset BIOS to Factory Settings
GraphicsEnabler=No (had to use to start unibeast installer)
-x (had to use safe boot after installation)
-v (checked what was "hanging")
KextBeast (used to install kext)
appleacpiplatform.kext (kext that helped with the boot flags after unibeast installation)
repair permissions with multibeast (after kext install, before final multibeast installation)
XMP in BIOS to: Profile 1 (helped get 1600Mhz instead of 1333Mhz)
Perfomance Enhancement in BIOS to: Extreme (helped get 1600Mhz instead of 1333Mhz)
Sleep Image File (google it)
Bittermon's "about this mac" guide

Karpovnious

Hey bitter melon any idea on the black screen, I'm stuck for now
It's slightly difficult to follow your posts due to the typing errors. But I take it you get a black screen even before you boot OS X? You can't get into BIOS even? Then it has nothing to do with OS X or Windows at least. Have you tried running off the internal graphics ports? Which GPU is selected as primary in BIOS?

I'm not sure i can remember what my GPU was, and I can't check because of black screen. And yes I can't even see screen on boot up, my monitor is picking up a signal for sure but its black.

You say try running off the internal graphics port, how do u accomplish this, I don't quite understand either.

I managed to install osx no problems.
The problem happened after I changed my mb settings, after rebooting... Black screen

Sory about typos most of my posts r of my iphone, ie auto correct ill spend more time looking over typos

For reference this is what I typed into the command line in order to get to the installer:

-x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

That was for GA-H77N-WiFi / i7-3770 / GTX 670 Graphics Card. Smooth sailing from there.

Following this standard guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Also, this thread may be useful:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-customac-mini-2012-guide-notes-progress.html

I see but how do I try this if I can't see anything opon startup?

I see but how do I try this if I can't see anything opon startup?

The Motherboard has a DVI port built in. Just connect from your motherboard using the DVI port and the other end to a monitor that takes DVI at standard resolutions, typically 1920x1080 for example. Make sure nothing else is connected or plugged in such as an HDMI cable, display port or a connection from a graphic card. In fact if you have the graphic card installed, take it out and see what happens. You can always work on getting a graphics card to work after you have the rest of the machine working.

You didn't say if you are getting a black screen with a blinking cursor or just solid black. If a blinking cursor you have other problems. If just black your graphic card or HDMI out isn't working and you need to just do what i suggested above.

If you take your graphic card out and the machine works, you can later on put it back in but you may have to change the bios to select that as the primary option for display. For now don't worry about the graphic card; get the machine working first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back