Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following your build thread because I have similar components. I have also upgraded to Yosemite, however I am unable to get my audio working. I have run Multibeast 7.0.0 and I used ALC892 audio. No output devices are being shown and I am just wondering what you may have done.
Yeah, I just noticed that too. My BT speakers work like they should, but my headphones (connected to the computer) don't. There's no output device for sound in the sound settings. Doh!

Stork: Thanks, but in your post you have the output devices, I don't. :(

*edit* I reinstalled the ALC892 with Multibeast, now it works. :)

Following the Yosemite upgrade instructions, my upgrade worked. Two things I found at the Multibeast step:

1. must not load old Multibeast settings from Mavericks
  2. use only the default DSDT-free settings, plus set the audio driver to ALC892

And that was it. Pretty painless. :thumbup:

Just upgraded to Yosemite.

BitterMelon or anyone else who did the upgrade... was your iMessages working prior to the upgrade? And after? Thank you.

Hi there Bittermelon and fellow "Chip" builders,

I built this same config a couple of years ago, and it was brilliant (thanks Bittermelon!). After the Yosemite release, things were still going pretty well, but I recently installed 10.10.1.

After this I had all sorts of issues with the bootloader not working. I read the last few posts talking about booting from the USB Unibeast stick and select the USB stick from the bios boot menu.

I was just wondering if that is what everyone is doing with their Chip builds or if anyone has got the boot loader working normally (ie no need to boot from the Unibeast USB stick). If they have please let me know how you did it!

If we have to boot from the Unibeast USB stick, does anyone know why? :banghead:

Would really love to get my Chip back on track and booting as she used to. Would be great to hear anyones feedback on this.

Machine.

The update to 10.10.1 went without incident for me. I updated, rebooted, ran Multibeast ONLY for audio, rebooted, repaired permissions, and done.

Have you tried running Multibeast and ONLY selecting to install Chimera?

Thanks EddyMac. You got me thinking, then I had a look and realised I did not do the following step after rebuilding Yosemite

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

In case anyone else has the same problem, here are the steps from the link above. If you rebuild Yosemite, you need to run these steps again! Which was the mistake I made, phew, sorted! After doing the steps below, all is good with the world.

after upgrading to Yosemite I got the following error

can't find /mach_kernel

The problem was I did not follow the correct upgrade process (as outlined in the link above). I spent ages messing around trying to sort out why the system was not booting up properly.:banghead: I ended up just booting from the unibeast usb drive. This worked, but was a hassle as I had to bring up the bios boot drives every time I turned on my machine.

I deleted the two lines of code, ran multibeast 7, loaded up Chimera 4.0.1 and it worked. :D :clap:

All the steps to upgrade to Yosemite are in the link above, have cut and paste below as well.

Machine.

##############

Save all of your settings, files, apps, etc... by following this simple guide to upgrade OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite.

1. Boot OS X Mavericks
2. Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:

107204d1413557695-guide-update-os-x-mavericks-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast-screen-shot-2014-10-17-10.54.34-am.png

5. Create a bootable USB using UniBeast 5
6. Boot from USB and install OS X Yosemite over your existing Mavericks installation
7. Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive
8. Run MultiBeast 7 and select the following options, and any system-specific Audio and Network drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Any idea of the Blue-tooth dongle to use today with this build and a brand new Keyboard and MagicMouse from Apple ?
It seems the Belkin one doesn't exist anymore ...

Thanks,

Dear All,

I have an other question on this build.
I just realize I have a great external sound card to use on this build.
THE only problem is ... Firewire 400 ...

As there is no lightning port on the GA-Z77N-WIFI is there something I can do with USB 3.0 ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back