Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. Really appreciate those keeping the thread alive. Successfully updated to Yosemite this weekend. Wanted to wait and make sure all the kinks for hackintosh were smoothed out. Upgraded per the guide and comments in this thread on my bittermelon build and went smooth and so far everything seems to be working great.

I noticed a lot of different topics on getting icloud/messages working on hackintosh not sure based on what I've read that there is a definite no chance of problems method. My laptop is for work and I don't want to take a chance that anything I do on my hackintosh messes with my setting on that.

When I did my build, i replaced the wifi chip in the MB with a compatible hackintosh chip. I am currently running ethernet though, so I haven't tested that, but I ask because....

Those of you that have BT4.0 and yosemite does continuity work?

Thanks,

Skim

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate those keeping the thread alive. Successfully updated to Yosemite this weekend. Wanted to wait and make sure all the kinks for hackintosh were smoothed out. Upgraded per the guide and comments in this thread on my bittermelon build and went smooth and so far everything seems to be working great.

I noticed a lot of different topics on getting icloud/messages working on hackintosh not sure based on what I've read that there is a definite no chance of problems method. My laptop is for work and I don't want to take a chance that anything I do on my hackintosh messes with my setting on that.

When I did my build, i replaced the wifi chip in the MB with a compatible hackintosh chip. I am currently running ethernet though, so I haven't tested that, but I ask because....

Those of you that have BT4.0 and yosemite does continuity work?

Thanks,

Skim

Skimklaw,

This is the dongle i'm using with my Hack and its working 100% under Yosemite 10.10.2

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Bluetooth-Technology-Wireless-Broadcom/dp/B007MKMJGO

Good luck!

-Mrengles

Thanks Stork, I will try the GMYLE NPL003340

Hi Guys, the Easter Holiday is perfect to try the GMYLE on my build.
I tried Plug and Play without success (still 10.9.5).
Just to be sure I need to deactivate the internal wifi and Bt card of the motherboard before no ?

Thanks for your help.

If someone has upgraded successfully OS El Capitan?

I have upgraded to El Capitan. My USBs seem to be acting up though. Currently trouble shooting my USB3.0

I have upgraded to El Capitan. My USBs seem to be acting up though. Currently trouble shooting my USB3.0
See my post here for the solution.

Hi everyone

I have this mobo and CPU chip currently with a GeForce GTX 670. I am thinking of upgrading the hardware for my build to a faster i7 CPU processor and a newer Nvidia GPU. That should be compatible with this build and the Z77N right?

Upgrade worked out for me. I do not use USB 3.0 so far.

Upgraded an identical system to macOS Sierra today. So far so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back