Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded an identical system to macOS Sierra today. So far so good...
EddieMac, I updated mine about 22 weeks ago and have had no problems. The only thing I have not had time to figure out is audio. I have no audio.

After updating to Sierra I simply ran the appropriate selection in Multibeast 9, rebooted, and audio is working fine.

After updating to Sierra I simply ran the appropriate selection in Multibeast 9, rebooted, and audio is working fine.
Thank you, 2 weeks ago Multibeast 9 was not available. I just ran it and now I am in audio heaven.

I am still on Yosemite 10.10.5. Just applied the most recent OS X security update, and then ran Multibeast. However, I have no audio.

I reinstalled the AppleHDA.kext by copying from the Yosemite installer USB, and rebooted. But that didn't work, either.

To Update this Build:
  • Have been running Yosemite for a couple of years. Finally upgraded to High Sierra. I had to use Imac 13,2 definition.
  • The install is easier now with High Sierra. Nothing was needed and it's 95% vanilla. In fact, you dont even need to run MultiBeast. After booting from the Mac disk, install clover and reboot.
  • If using APFS, before doing any installation or changes. Take a snapshot. (tmutil snapshot)
  • Use CloverACL to get Audio working.
  • https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
  • Use Clover to change USB for EHC01/EHC02 to EH1 and EH2.
  • https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
  • That's all I needed. Everything working 100%, no issues.

*Wake from sleep takes longer than Yosemite. It used to be 3 seconds. With High Sierra it takes 6 seconds

I tried an update using the usual Unibeast method, but it would not boot after update.

Where do you use the iMac 13,2 definition?

To Update this Build:
  • Have been running Yosemite for a couple of years. Finally upgraded to High Sierra. I had to use Imac 13,2 definition.
  • The install is easier now with High Sierra. Nothing was needed and it's 95% vanilla. In fact, you dont even need to run MultiBeast. After booting from the Mac disk, install clover and reboot.

I tried an update using the usual Unibeast method, but it would not boot after update.

I did the upgraded differently since my SSD was dying.
1) Made a backup of the MacOS drive. (Using CarbonCloneBackup, you can find the free version before they started charging for it) Create a sparse bundle image.
2) Create USB High Sierra disk using UniBeast and complete the install on the new drive.
3) iMac 13,2 definition is from the SMBIOS. You can generate a new one using MultiBeast or Clover Configurator.
4) Migrate data using the Migration Assistant.

For your case. I would do the following:
1) Change your mac definition using MultiBeast or Clover Configurator. For our system, I think the closest is iMac 13,2. In MultiBeast, select:
Customization > System Definitions > iMac > iMac13,2
Build > Install
Reboot​
2) Switch from Chimera to Clover. Make sure you can boot your current system using Clover.
3) Make sure you only have one drive installed on your system. (Disable everything in the BIOS except for the MacOS disk). Use GPT instead of MBR.
4) Use the UniBeast USB disk to upgrade.

I did those steps before when I was testing and it worked from Yosemite --> El Capitan ---> High Sierra. I didn't have an issue. Just remember to only have one disk in your system with MacOS when doing the install or upgrade.

One thing I learned is to always have multiple installs of macOS running in separate physical disks. This way you can test the upgrades/updates before changing your main system.

Last edited:

My setup

create a Clover Installation USB
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

use default settings, (set Graphics Injector InjectIntel =YES, if you are using HD4000)

fine tune after OS Installation

Clover
Install the Clover

Audio
Install Luli/AppleALC, I found it works better than audio_CloverALC (popping noise)

Graphics
(GT640 + HD4000) hardware setup (in order to enable hardware acceleration VDA)
connect the display input to the GT640

BIOS setup:
Init Display First: PEG
Internal Graphics: Enabled
Internal Graphics Memory Size : 64MB
DVMT Total Memory Size : "MAX"

Clover config.plst
SMBIOS : iMac13,2
ACPI patching (use clover configruator) : change ECH1 to EH01, change ECH2 to EH02, change GFX0 to IGPU
Graphics : ig-platform-id = 0x01620007, InjectIntel = "YES"

run the VDADecoderChecker
result
Code:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen7 Hardware acceleration is fully supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back