Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, i put it through kext utility\, and now clover won't reboot ... ?

PLEASE don't tell me i have to do a whole reinstall ?
No you haven't...what do you mean clover doesn't boot? You don't have Clover GUI at system boot?

No you haven't...what do you mean clover doesn't boot? You don't have Clover GUI at system boot?
I have it but now all i have when i boot OSX is a kernel panic or the circle with line through it

I have it but now all i have when i boot OSX is a kernel panic or the circle with line through it
A circle with line soon after you choose drive in clover is a memmap error maybe due to thunderbolt card, try to reset 2 or more time and if the error persist maybe you installed a wrong kext or something is missed from S/L/E

A circle with line soon after you choose drive in clover is a memmap error maybe due to thunderbolt card, try to reset 2 or more time and if the error persist maybe you installed a wrong kext or something is missed from S/L/E

Ive now reset about 10 times.... Is there anyway to undo from time the kext in kext utility you gave me ?

Time machine ?

Ive now reset about 10 times.... Is there anyway to undo from time the kext in kext utility you gave me ?

Time machine ?
Yes if you have a backup you can revert back

But it's strange that ethernet kext caused a KP...

Oh well... lesson learned. Ill reinstall and accept slow internet. aIts not supposed to be used for internet anyway... only if needed to install plugin or DAW updates... Here we go again... ;-)

Oh well... lesson learned. Ill reinstall and accept slow internet. aIts not supposed to be used for internet anyway... only if needed to install plugin or DAW updates... Here we go again... ;-)
Anyway AppleIntelE1000e.kext, following the guide is installed at the beginning of the procedure so you already had it. Sometimes when ethernet is not recognized it's because it's not seen as eth0 adapter.

Anyway AppleIntelE1000e.kext, following the guide is installed at the beginning of the procedure so you already had it. Sometimes when ethernet is not recognized it's because it's not seen as eth0 adapter.

Can you please refresh my memory... Are all the kexts from the kexts folder in the download from the brazil guy meant to be patched into kext utility after install, or only the ones he lists in the install guide ?

5 - Use the application "KCPM Pro.app Utility" to install the Kexts onto the "Macintosh HD" disk and then repair its file permissions and rebuild the kext Caches:

• AppleGraphicsControl.kext (changed already to SMBIOS 6.1)
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • X99_Injector.kext

those 6 kexts listed above are not all the kexts in the folder included in the original folder ?

also, is there a program i can download to copy the hard drive image, so that if this happens again, i can just install the image ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back