Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so to confirm, im in mackintosh clover config, i mount the fi partition of INTERNAL drive.. yes ? it won't delete my HD will it ?

After mounting will that be it ? can i boot to it ? or will i still have to use UEFI OS from BIOS ?
If you mount your EFI partition you will not destroy other data in the main partition where you have OSX installed. You have to mount EFI partition to make changes to config.plist or other operations with files (i suggest you don't make any changes!!!)
But i've a question for you...you told me you will use your hackintosh for audio purposes like i do....so, why do you need CUDA drivers, iMessage and Facetime??

If you mount your EFI partition you will not destroy other data in the main partition where you have OSX installed. You have to mount EFI partition to make changes to config.plist or other operations with files (i suggest you don't make any changes!!!)
But i've a question for you...you told me you will use your hackintosh for audio purposes like i do....so, why do you need CUDA drivers, iMessage and Facetime??

I don't need any of those, although i thought i needed to do the RT Variables and SYMBIOS thing to generate serial number and other ID stuff for the Hackintosh ..?? No ??

I didn't end up installing CUDA and I've already deleted iMessage and FaceTime from the Dock - this system is just for Music. ;-)

So, if i mount EFI will that mean i can boot straight to Mac from startup ?

I don't need any of those, although i thought i needed to do the RT Variables and SYMBIOS thing to generate serial number and other ID stuff for the Hackintosh ..?? No ??

I didn't end up installing CUDA and I've already deleted iMessage and FaceTime from the Dock - this system is just for Music. ;-)

So, if i mount EFI will that mean i can boot straight to Mac from startup ?
To enable mac 6.1 definitions simply follow rbbunmc's guide to create serial etc. section 11 page 34 :)
About EFI....EFI Partition contains all the data/files necessary to boot with Clover and load configuration, kexts etc. If you mount it in OSX, when you reset and restart your system the EFI partition is unmounted from the OSX and enabled at system boot.
So, now you need to mount it in El Capita just to set macpro6.1 def and give serial etc with the method shown in the guide as i already wrote here. After this you may need to mount EFI partition only to configure something in config.plist etc.
So i suggest you to mount it, open config.plist and configure bios definitions. Then restart and don't touch anymore it if your system will work smoothly.
PS.
remember to enable trim on your disk using this command:
PHP:
sudo trimforce enable

Maybe these problems are because you didn't patch with agdpfix before updating EC and install web drivers...i did it and both nvidia drivers and cuda work perfectly without any issues....

Hi Nightflyer, I found out what's wrong. Turns out it was patched this whole time. Problem is since I have 2 GPUs it will default to the bottom card to output video signal. I plugged in the bottom and there it works. I am wondering is there a way to set which GPU to be the primary??? If I cant fix this then I will need to plug in 2 cables, one for top card and one for bottom card. Which is not too big of a deal.... But I would prefer using less cables....

Hi Nightflyer, I found out what's wrong. Turns out it was patched this whole time. Problem is since I have 2 GPUs it will default to the bottom card to output video signal. I plugged in the bottom and there it works. I am wondering is there a way to set which GPU to be the primary??? If I cant fix this then I will need to plug in 2 cables, one for top card and one for bottom card. Which is not too big of a deal.... But I would prefer using less cables....
I'm sorry because don't know how to help you because i don't use graphic apps. But i think you can find solution with search menu here or reading the first posts of this thread, if i remember well there were other users with 2 gpus.
But if you have a SLI configuration maybe you will not able to work in osx...read here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sli-configuration-under-osx.183473/

Thanks Nightflyer. I managed to get some progress today. I ended up plugging a dual link DVI to HDMI cable along with a display port to mini display port to the first (top) card. That's the only way I can boot into the desktop without too much fuss. Besides having an extra cable and maybe needing to manually switch input on the monitor. It works. But for some reason display port is more stable than DVI (intermittent screen flickering). But without DVI plugged in, it would unload the top gpu and use the bottom gpu. Strange....

Anyways, want to know how much ram do u have in ur system and is it showing all of it? I have 64gb ram but it's only showing half of them in about my mac. Do u know if this is just cosmetic or do I need to play with clover configurator?

Thanks Nightflyer. I managed to get some progress today. I ended up plugging a dual link DVI to HDMI cable along with a display port to mini display port to the first (top) card. That's the only way I can boot into the desktop without too much fuss. Besides having an extra cable and maybe needing to manually switch input on the monitor. It works. But for some reason display port is more stable than DVI (intermittent screen flickering). But without DVI plugged in, it would unload the top gpu and use the bottom gpu. Strange....

Anyways, want to know how much ram do u have in ur system and is it showing all of it? I have 64gb ram but it's only showing half of them in about my mac. Do u know if this is just cosmetic or do I need to play with clover configurator?
I've 64GB and 64GB are shown in system info. Open clover configurator and check at SMBIOS section if you have a string with RAM info added there. It should be "cosmetic" but if you have 64Gb your system should see that amount.

That step is about configuring imessage facetime etc with data extracted from a real Mac. To mount EFI partition simply use clover configurator, in Tools click Mounf EFI and obviously select your boot disk, then open EFI partition. But before you need to extract data from a real MAC to put them in SMBIOS of your hackintosh. Follow this guide, is nore simple:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/

If you have an Asus X99 Deluxe /U3.1 with the last bios revision (3101) to have a working TB card you MUST put it in the second PCIE slot, the one marked PCIE4_1. It's the only slot where TB peripherals are recognized and if you see in bios settings, advanced-intel thunderbolt-you can see that it's required to work in that slot and not in the last as shown in TB card manual. I tried in it with my X99 Deluxe/U3.1 (at the end i changed my X99-E-WS with the deluxe series) it works ONLY there.
So check your bios version and if necessary update it to the last.

Ok thenightflyer, I haven't yet mounted the EFI, as i want to ensure that everything is functioning from clover boot before i do that as my final process.
Right now I'm having troubles with my interface being detected by the software through the thunderboltEX II....
Ive followed your settings in BIOS, made sure its connected in the PCIx4 slot (small one) ;-) booted 3 times before it worked:

1) circle with live through it in middle of screen
2) Kernel panic at boot
3) seemed to work fine.

Still, the device is not recognised by its driver software (apogee ensemble thunderbolt, apogee maestro software)it should be direct/auto communication...

That step is about configuring imessage facetime etc with data extracted from a real Mac. To mount EFI partition simply use clover configurator, in Tools click Mounf EFI and obviously select your boot disk, then open EFI partition. But before you need to extract data from a real MAC to put them in SMBIOS of your hackintosh. Follow this guide, is nore simple:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/

If you have an Asus X99 Deluxe /U3.1 with the last bios revision (3101) to have a working TB card you MUST put it in the second PCIE slot, the one marked PCIE4_1. It's the only slot where TB peripherals are recognized and if you see in bios settings, advanced-intel thunderbolt-you can see that it's required to work in that slot and not in the last as shown in TB card manual. I tried in it with my X99 Deluxe/U3.1 (at the end i changed my X99-E-WS with the deluxe series) it works ONLY there.
So check your bios version and if necessary update it to the last.

Sorry ! Progress !! (yay !)

Thunderbolt 2 card is working and recognising hardware !!!!!

Will now install the 4 other SSD's (SaMSUNG 850 PRO'S) as additional drives. Will reboot and see if i get any jitters...
Ive already done serials and set up as 6,1. So if the drives and the interface works ok, i will move onto last hurdle (mounting EFI partition).

Any suggestions at this near complete stage ??

Sorry ! Progress !! (yay !)

Thunderbolt 2 card is working and recognising hardware !!!!!

Will now install the 4 other SSD's (SaMSUNG 850 PRO'S) as additional drives. Will reboot and see if i get any jitters...
Ive already done serials and set up as 6,1. So if the drives and the interface works ok, i will move onto last hurdle (mounting EFI partition).

Any suggestions at this near complete stage ??
It happens to me too that sometimes at first boot i've to reset 2 time to log in EC. It's because of memory map issues, and i think only a good optiodrv will solve it.
No other suggestions for your next step. PS. why do you need additional drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back