Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow today i took the plunge and updated to 10.6.6 and i did not have to use nothing else,
audio, usb, everything worked like before and the app store is working as supposed. :headbang:

P.S. i always clone my HDD using carbon copy cloner and then i upgrade on the copied HDD, after everthing works fine then i will apply it to my main HDD.

Speedwidpassion said:
Wow today i took the plunge and updated to 10.6.6 and i did not have to use nothing else,
audio, usb, everything worked like before and the app store is working as supposed. :headbang:

P.S. i always clone my HDD using carbon copy cloner and then i upgrade on the copied HDD, after everthing works fine then i will apply it to my main HDD.

Smart move - a very good procedure that works for me as well! Highly recommended!

hi ,thank u tony for your great support .10.6.6 update suuuuuuuuper because my gts 250 fully recognised with out dsdt any one with my configuration gohead simply superb.thank u once again tony . i enjoy my system with hackintosh 10.6.6

Hello,

just wanted to say Thank you for MultiBeast & iBoot!

After working on Mac mini for the last year I realised that I lacked the experience of doctoring about with my computer. So I just went out and bought a cheap PC with the Specs you see in the signature and a Retail Copy of Snow Leopard.

That together with your great pieces of software gave me a system like the top end iMac (including monitor with usb ports, cam, mic, card-reader, etc) at 1/3 of it´s price :thumbup:

I just encountered a funny thing: after installing the 10.6.6 combo and today after the itunes and safari downloads via software update my lan isn´t recognised anymore after reboot. The remedy ist simple: I just pull the plug for two minutes and then, after a restart everything works fine again :geek:

As I said: Thank you, keep up the unbelievable work!

RobbieTobbie

To Echo other comments, MultiBeast and iBoot are great! Furthermore, this forum is extremely useful. I have learned so much in the past week. Having gone from an OS-less DELL Optiplex 755 (C2D) to an almost fully functional OSX86 MacPro, with customised DSDT.

I have only one problem. My NVidia 8400 GS fails to take advantage of full acceleration or a resolution above 1024x768. I have tried:
1. GraphicEnabler =Yes (and no GraphicsEnabler string)
2. NVEnabler64 kext
3. EFI String
4. PCI Root Id Fix

I have created my own DSDT. However, i don't know if it get's loaded. How can one tell if a DSDT is loaded? The only /Extra/Extensions kexts I have are:
1. fakesmc.kext
2. Intel82566MM.kext (onboard NIC wouldn't work without this)
3. IONetworkingFamily.kext

I am therefore assuming it is loaded, since Audio, shutdown and restart all work ok.

Many thanks in advance!

I updated via software update and after restart everything seems to be fine, BUT: after two more days ( without installing anything new) my i5 failed to boot. The error it says is "boot0: error "It would only boot from the iBOOT CD. I also tried new install form the VERY begging: iBOOT 2.5.3 + OSX 10.6 but still it wont boot without a boot CD. Tried also disconnect all peripherals including USB concocted ones, but no success. :crazy:
Also tried another HDD - no succes. :banghead: Now I am using only 4GB instead of 8GB because of the iboot CD set up. Anybody with ideas is welcome ! :clap:

grooves
Ivo

First thanks to tonymac with his great tutorial on installing mac os x.

On to the problem, but here's some info first of the things I've used and steps i took for installation:

1. My laptop's spec is in my profile on the left
2. Used latest iBoot CD
3. Retail Mac OS X 10.6.0 and my friend's 10.6.3
4. Mac OS X 10.6.6 Combo Update
(optional, if im not going to update) Multibeast 3.0.3

Both cd loaders will be able to let me fresh install either 10.6.0 or 10.6.3. Everything works with a bit of tinkering.

But the problem is that i cant update to latest version 10.6.6. Havent tried 10.6.4 or 5. Couldnt get the time to download them. 10.6.6 installation will work fine UNTIL the part where it says "Moving items into place..." then, kernel panic!

I've done some research but havent proven them yet, one says its the unsupported Intel HD, the other says i need to DSDT Patch.

Could someone help me shed some light please?

Any help will b greatly appreciated, thanks!

Skanob said:
First thanks to tonymac with his great tutorial on installing mac os x.

On to the problem, but here's some info first of the things I've used and steps i took for installation:

1. My laptop's spec is in my profile on the left
2. Used latest iBoot CD
3. Retail Mac OS X 10.6.0 and my friend's 10.6.3
4. Mac OS X 10.6.6 Combo Update
(optional, if im not going to update) Multibeast 3.0.3

Both cd loaders will be able to let me fresh install either 10.6.0 or 10.6.3. Everything works with a bit of tinkering.

But the problem is that i cant update to latest version 10.6.6. Havent tried 10.6.4 or 5. Couldnt get the time to download them. 10.6.6 installation will work fine UNTIL the part where it says "Moving items into place..." then, kernel panic!

I've done some research but havent proven them yet, one says its the unsupported Intel HD, the other says i need to DSDT Patch.

Could someone help me shed some light please?

Any help will b greatly appreciated, thanks!

I triedd DSDT patching using DSDTSE. Was able to extract DSDT and compile directly without any problems, 0 errors, 0 warnings, 8 "something", 10 optimization. Then installed it.

This still didn't work. I managed to get some pictures of the kernel panic and hopefully someone could help me or point me to the right direction. thanks.

I'm currently downloading Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo Update and see if that will work.

When updating, doesn't matter what version, should I use "Software Update" or Combo Updates manually?

P.S.
After kernel panic, my Hackintosh is unusable unless a fresh install or reimage my clone.

Attachments

• 01112011010.jpg
    01112011010.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 520
  • 01112011011.jpg
    01112011011.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 494
  • 01112011012.jpg
    01112011012.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 408
ivokik

Perhaps you should check to see if anything has changed in your BIOS? I read somewhere that some boards (P55) lose/reset bios settings upon reboot. If so, there's a DSDT fix. Apologies if you are already aware of this.

I assume that once OSX is loaded, you have re-run Multibeast and executed the System Utilities option after installing the bootloader?

Regards...

Did the update a few days ago and thought i would post the results.

I have a P5Q Pro mobo with a 9800GT graphics card
ran the update
did the audio rollback and usb rollback in multibeast
restarted
stuff worked
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back