Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

TouchMyBox said:
aberracus said:
Ok, reverted ,my kexts using kext helper, from Ati_Backup tried and everyhting works perfect, what i am missing? what is gonna happen when i update to 10.6.8 ???

thanks in advance

What resolution were you running? Running off displayport for me = no signal, running DVI at 2560x1440 = garbled screen, running DVI at 1080p = perfect (as perfect as 1080p could be, I guess)

Actual Res 1060x1050 don't have a monitor with more res sorry :(

Here some updates.

I tried every 6000 framebuffer via AtiConfig=xxxx -v

These did not even boot:
Code:
Pithecia Hydrilla Duckweed Mangabey
These boot with full resolution and QE/CI but with @RadeonFramebuffer in ioreg output and crashing geekbench:
Code:
Bulruhes Cattail Fanwort Elodea Kudzu Gibba Lotus Ipomoea Muskgrass Juncus

My system also boots with GraphicsEnabler=No again with full res and QE/CI and @RadeonFramebuffer.

Booting with PCIRootUID=1 just gives a blackscreen.

So notshy, please any suggestion?

Ok i restored the original 10.6.7 kexts for ATI-Backup and now the system works, BUT DVD player hangs the computer in less than a minute... going to check cinebench

Runing now chimera 1.3
original 10.6.7 ati kexts restored form ATI_backup
Graphic Enablers Yes

Is anything i can do?

BTW Ioreg | grep ATY results in image attachment

System Profile says Radeon HD 5770

aberracus said:
NotShy, please help me with my XFX Radeon 5770 577A-ZNFC (reference card)
i have followed the instructions to the letter,
i just installed Windows 7 to check if the card is working right, and it does, 32.5 OpenGl test in Cinebench 64 bits (windows 7)

The video card is Vendor 1002 Dev 68b8 Subsystem 2990 1682

Please help me with my card......
Please Some help here, i tried everything

My hardware is

Gigabyte H55M-USB3
i7 870
8Gb Ram ddr3 Kingston HyperX
XFX Radeon HD 5770 Part NO HD-577A-ZNFC )supposedly working for other people) supposedly a reference design with double slot.
Connected by DVI to Vga dongle to vga screen

fresh install using iboot 3 updated to 10.6.7 installed multibeast 3.6 with DSDT from the DSDT database for Bios F11, also tried with the DSDT from kexts.com

Mutibeast installed :
DSDT
Chimera
graphic enabler yes and 64 bits
ATI kexts 1.6.34
audio kexts

when i start in verbose mode it stops in ** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
i can enter to the system using another computer by shared screen

ioreg | grep ATY Don't says anything (image included)
System Profiler says in graphic displays (image included)
Chipset Model Ati Radeon HD 5770
Type GPU
Bus PCIe
PCIe Lane Width x16
Vendor ATI (0x1002)
Device ID 0x68b8
Revision ID 0x0000

And theres no more info, never happened that to me before, no displays no rotation, no nothing

lspci says
VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 68b8

included bdmesg and lscpi image

BTW if i try with PCIRootUID=0 then the screen is garbled and can't connect to the computer by Screen share, i already tried booting with Vervet, Uakari, Zonalis and Triakis as boot AtiConfig commands without result (Zonalis gives me KP)

Thanks in advance !!!!

I followed this recommendations without success
[quote:18pi8jce]vanwinkle wrote:
aberracus wrote:
BTW if i try with PCIRootUID=0 then the screen is garbled and can't connect to the computer by Screen share, i already tried booting with Vervet, Uakari, Zonalis and Triakis as boot AtiConfig commands without result (Zonalis gives me KP)

Thanks in advance !!!!

If you boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No", does it boot fine? With Chimera and the ATI 1.6.34 drivers, your system should boot fine with "GraphicsEnabler=No", you should just end up without support for DVD Player, Steam, etc. You can also try "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0" and "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1" and see if either works successfully. You should at least be able to boot with GE=No with your current setup. That tells you the system is working properly except for the framebuffer.

Otherwise... I'd recommend trying a couple more framebuffers. Try "Eulemur", "Duckweed" and "Baboon". These only work when booting GE=Yes, of course.

Thanks for the help, Screen garbled starting with GraphicsEnabler=No with pciroot 1 or 0 same result.

Tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes
AtiConfig=Eulemur stops in SLOT---1 full aces thru Screen share,
AtiConfig=Duckweed reading vbios from legacy space ... Memory Allocation Error ... ERROR NON RECOVERABLE .
AtiConfig=Baboon stops in SLOT---1 full aces thru Screen share,

Please need help...
I tried with a Nvidia 9400Gt and works perfect (the same GE=Yes)
Thanks in advance
[/quote:18pi8jce]

Attachments

• ioreg.jpg
    ioreg.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 324

hello everyone .. i have a little problem.
my card is a msi 5750. everything woks fine but the framebuffer.. i added the device id to the 5000 kext i it woks pefect. but it does not load the framebuffer.. ive tried everything and every one of the framebufres in the guide without any succes.
AtiConfig=XXX.
any solution to this card ?
any answer helps a lot.
thanks

Hi Everyone. I am planning on buying apple 27 in display. I currently have a gtx 285 which works perfectly on my hackintosh. However the card does not have a mini display port needed for the new display. So instead of buying a pricey dual link converter I want to change the graphics to HD readon 6870 with Mini DP built in.

Can anybody advise which brand to choose?Sapphire, XFX or any other? Does it even matter which one I choose? (compatibility-wise)? Thanks in advance for help.

najszerszy said:
Hi Everyone. I am planning on buying apple 27 in display. I currently have a gtx 285 which works perfectly on my hackintosh. However the card does not have a mini display port needed for the new display. So instead of buying a pricey dual link converter I want to change the graphics to HD readon 6870 with Mini DP built in.

Can anybody advise which brand to choose?Sapphire, XFX or any other? Does it even matter which one I choose? (compatibility-wise)? Thanks in advance for help.

Get the superior CCFL-backlit cheaper Dell u2711 instead. Works great on my 5870 with displayport using the old kexts.

Hey Notshy? Have you gotten this to work with HDMI audio out properly yet? Graphics work fine on my system but the audio out to my TV via HDMI plays but with interruption every 2 or 3 seconds. Have you seen this yet?

Code:
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Vervet@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000378, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5334 ms), retain 7>
    | |   |     | +-o ATY_Vervet  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x100000396, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (585 ms), retain 16>
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Vervet@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000379, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 7>
    | |   |     | +-o ATY_Vervet  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10000044f, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 13>
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Vervet@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000037a, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 7>
    | |   |     | +-o ATY_Vervet  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x100000455, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 13>
    | |   |     +-o ATY,Vervet@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000037b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 7>
    | |   |     | +-o ATY_Vervet  <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10000045b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 13>

Good to go with a 5750...had to add the Device ID to the ATI5000Controller.kext string but I've got full QE/CI and Cinebench comes in around 29 FPS. So far DVI & HDMI both work, testing the DisplayPort when my cable comes in the next few days...

May be a bit off topic but has anyone been able to get HDMI audio working with the new iMac ATI Kexts?

Z_D said:
May be a bit off topic but has anyone been able to get HDMI audio working with the new iMac ATI Kexts?

I'm working on a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back