Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there

Just received my parts today including :

GA H55M UD2H (rev 1.3)
i7 870
GT430 Evga
8GB Gskill

I think i did everything proper, following a building guide.

Power On. Runs 2 secs, fans working (system & cpu). Then shuts down.

I tried everything : clearing CMOS, removing battery, letting it rest (unplugged) for 20 mins or so, reseating everything including graphics, Ram and CPU...

Ram is one stick of 4gb in slot 1.

Please help me

:beachball:

Based on my experience, it is probably your PSU gone bad/defective or your RAM.

I would switch out the 1 RAM stick with the other and see it posts and keep running.

Also, if you have another PSU from another computer, see if you can swap out and see if that keeps your new build running.

No ideas outside of these. Hope you find a fix, as I know how frustrating it is to have all the parts and can't even get started!

Yeah i tried to switch with the other Ram stick...nothing happens.

Looks like a PSU issue to me, like there's not enough juice for all the components

my PSU is a 500w Cooler Master, i hope that replacing it with a 750 will fix it

thanks anyway

Try reseating your CPU cooler. I know it sounds weird, but if it's not seated properly, the CPU overheats in a few seconds and automatically shuts itself down so as not to melt.
I saw you said you reseated the CPU. Are you sure you have the hold down clips correctly in place to hold the cooler firmly against the CPU? And you have some thermal grease between CPU and cooler?

yes and yes and yes

:(

maybe 500w is not enough ?

Hugox86 said:
yes and yes and yes

:(

maybe 500w is not enough ?

I doubt that it is the capacity of the PSU, but rather a faulty PSU. If you plan to upgrade to a higher end GPU, however, you may want to increase your PSU capacity.

[EDIT] a few more items you might want to check:

Depending on the mobo, you may have to have the memory module in a specific slot for it to work, so if you want to try the 0 and 1 slot or a then b, that MIGHT solve your issue, but I am grabbing at straws here.

If PSU is not the problem, perhaps your motherboard is defective?

i don't know how i managed to do that but in fact my Gskill sticks aren't compatible with that MoBo... :clap:

Even tho it's 1333 PC10666 sticks that *should* work

Does it makes sense ? Wrong Ram and your build doesn't start ?

Can someone confirm that ? Wrong Ram won't let your build start, even to the Bios ?

Hugox86 said:
Can someone confirm that ? Wrong Ram won't let your build start, even to the Bios ?

I have not heard of such issues, but the only surest way for you to find out is to get a set of new memory modules that are supposed to be compatible, swap them, and see if you can post and boot up.

I think your PSU is the problem though. Do you have another computer where you can temporarily swap out PSU? I had ordered a cheap case with PSU that shut down anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes. First I thought it was my mobo, but when I tried a different PSU, all worked out.

Try swapping out the PSU, then the memory then the mobo is what I would do. Hopefully it is not your mobo or RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back