Contribute
Register

zotac z77-itx dsdt search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matze, if you don't want to use my patched version that I gave you on the other thread earlier yesterday then here are all the ACPI virgin tables extracted from Linux that you can patch yourself if you like.
If you want a hand in modifying the patches for your system then I am happy to help.

Attachments

• Unmodified Extracted ACPI tables.zip
    66 KB · Views: 99
Of course I know which board I am using.......the older link to the clear Cube is a previous build. Anyway, the Bios version for this z77 board is given in the uEFI set up screens as A229P 0.04 x64. It is the March bios release and I see there is a June release too. I don't have windows installed, but when I do I will update my bios at some point.
I strongly suspect there is little or no difference between the DSDTs for the two versions.

ok...I read in the internet that when I have a z77 chip with uefi than I don´t need a dsdt because "real" macs have efi and than with uefi it is almost the same and than mac os x can read there. Is that right?

You don't need one, but still for some stuff it is good to have one to be able to inject system information and make it look more like a Mac. For instance, without a DSDT some things show as "unknown" in system profiler and you can correct that with DSDT. Also I found (maybe just for me with using Sandy Bridge processor in Ivy Bridge board?) that the power management without a DSDT is not so good - the system does not seem to use as many p-states as it should when not using a DSDT. You can easily test that by using a tool called "MSRdumper" which allows you to monitor p-states.
Other things like HDMI audio do not work without DSDT edits. So while basic function is okay without a DSDT 100% functionality is not in my opinion possible without DSDT.
Remember too that not all uEFIs are the same - Gigabyte uEFI may be very close to Mac EFI out of the box, but Zotac will not be the same. In other words, native powermanagement like on the Gigabyte boards is not as simple with Zotac.
Hope this answer helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back