Contribute
Register

Zotac Silent GT 430 - all ports working in 10.7.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just tested the GT 430 again- to see if DVI would work- and yes! It's working just fine! Used to be dead in 10.6.x. Progress!

Also, I've not gotten 1 "Fermi Freeze" NVIDIA 4xx freezeup since Lion. Must be the improved drivers. :D

Dual displays, mirror or no mirror and dual HDMI audio*.
l_atm-prof_graphics-pref_sound-no_mirror-dual-hdmi.png
*Dual Lion GT430 HDMI audio requires DSDT edits and a DVI2HDMI adapter.

Attachments

• l_atm-prof_graphics-pref_sound-no_mirror-dual-hdmi.png
    l_atm-prof_graphics-pref_sound-no_mirror-dual-hdmi.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 396
Hellow! Sorry to revive this topic, i came here not because my GT430 isn't working. It does work: transparent menubar, ripple-effect in adding widgets. However, i do find it quite less snappy, or lets say, laggy whenever i open the applications folder, or utilities folder. Even when i transfer from one expose(space) to another, it's a lil bit laggy.

Do you mind telling me what you mean by "requires DSDT edits" ?? Thanks man. I owe you.

macdows said:
Hellow! Sorry to revive this topic, i came here not because my GT430 isn't working. It does work: transparent menubar, ripple-effect in adding widgets. However, i do find it quite less snappy, or lets say, laggy whenever i open the applications folder, or utilities folder. Even when i transfer from one expose(space) to another, it's a lil bit laggy.

Do you mind telling me what you mean by "requires DSDT edits" ?? Thanks man. I owe you.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947 for HDMI audio dsdt edits. Those edits enable HDMI audio and have no effect on laggy performance problems.

Hello!

I have the Zotac GT 430 Silent, the one with two DVI ports and one HDMI. I have read elsewhere that the DVI ports do not work on 10.7.0 or 10.7.1...does this mean I will not be able to install Lion using this card? I don't haven an HDMI cable, or HDMI to DVI adaptor.

Also, on a slightly related note, if I wanted to install using Intel 3000, upgrate to 10.7.2 then put the Zotac in, can I use the VGA port on my motherboard? (As my DVI to VGA adaptor has the 4 extra pins that dedicated cards tend to have, but the onboard 3000 does not)

Thank you very much for your help, Andrew

P.S. Just looked it up, and my card is a ZT-40606-20L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back