Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys here's the thing, we don't have much money in my family and my father's eMac is about to die. The problem is that my father works with photoshop, and a lot, so the 950 GMA of the netbooks and their small screen makes them almost useless. After a small research I found the Zotac ION ITX collection with supported and decent graphics, dual core CPU and can support 4 gigs of ram. This is perfect for my father, he wouldn't need more. So my question is, how possible is it to hackintosh this system? And is it a good deal? My mother, brother and I are working on this project as a birthday gift to my father so if you guys help it would be really amazing. Well I hope I will get help from this awesome community!!!

Bye guys.

Tiuno said:
Hey guys here's the thing, we don't have much money in my family and my father's eMac is about to die. The problem is that my father works with photoshop, and a lot, so the 950 GMA of the netbooks and their small screen makes them almost useless. After a small research I found the Zotac ION ITX collection with supported and decent graphics, dual core CPU and can support 4 gigs of ram. This is perfect for my father, he wouldn't need more. So my question is, how possible is it to hackintosh this system? And is it a good deal? My mother, brother and I are working on this project as a birthday gift to my father so if you guys help it would be really amazing. Well I hope I will get help from this awesome community!!!

Bye guys.
Apple removed support for the Atom CPU as of 10.6.2.

Well you're right but my dell mini 10v which is atom based runs flawlessly 10.6.7 and what can we do we can't afford a new mac not even a mac mini :(
EDIT: what build would you recommend?

Yeah but am affraid we can't afford it cause we need to get the display too so. Thank anyway I'll keep looking to see if anything comes up!

Have you considered searching for a used Mac mini?

Maybe the 2009 version with the 9400M graphics.

Lower cost would be the 2007 version, but it has 950 graphics. However, the Core2Duo processor should help.

Well thank you! I'll look about it i also found the same Zotac IONITX but pentium based what do you think about that better chances?

Hey thank you that's really nice of you :) I'll look on that this weekend and keep you updated and again thank you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back