GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey guys,

I need help for my new Hackmac. Since now I always used 6850 or 6870 Cards from Sapphire. These Cards are pretty good and cheap for Snow Leo and Lion.

But now I read that Mountain Lion does not accept these cards?

So I am forced to use 560ti or 660ti right?

My problem is 560ti is FERMI ... and these had EXTREME Problems in SL and Lion or? Freezes, KPs ....

so what do you think?

660ti is quite expensive ... so 560ti or even Radeon 6850 would be very good

thank you all

I would go with 6850 or 6870. I just built one with 550ti and ran into issue when I try to rotate the screen 90 degree. I switched it with 6870 and everything works rock solid. Personally I think nvidia has really crapy drivers I had another nvidia card in my mcp dvr that kept crashing, switch that one to Amd 7750 and not a single crash since. I have ran into that 90 degree issue before on windows side with nvidias in the past as well. They might be fast cards for gaming but they are not solid nor stable based on my experience with them. Amd ati IMHO is a more solid stable card then nvidia.

I switched out my ATI 7570 card in Dell XPS 8500 for an EVGA GT640 and it's detected natively and performs normally out of the box without any fussing. Nice to have no concerns about this.

Rumored: 650 series cards, similar, but with DDR5 rather than DDR3 RAM, should be a good deal.

J

so the 6870 and 550ti Run NATIVE OOB in Mountain Lion 10.8.1 ??

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back