Contribute
Register

Zotac H55ITX-A-E DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still have this mobo kicking arround and i keep stumbling at the last hurdle of enabling 5.1 sound over hdmi....so if i get the video card like urs it should work right...thx

vancityex said:
i still have this mobo kicking arround and i keep stumbling at the last hurdle of enabling 5.1 sound over hdmi....so if i get the video card like urs it should work right...thx
Hi;

I had it working, can't see why it wouldn't for you.
:D

Thanks

So i just realised that i have the c-e and not the a-e because of this thread, I had no idea. i was planning on using the "Zotac H55-ITX with i3-530 = Mini Hack Pro" post as a guide but it disappeared inbetween ordering the board and delivery! Getting full graphics acceleration was almost enough trouble that i went insane and iBoot didn't work for me. Anyway, thanks for this guide, looks like i can get all the other niggles working. Audio over HDMI is what i'm after really.

Are there any niggles i should be aware of when using this DSDT with the c-e before i begin?

Thanks all

ozymandias15 said:
So i just realised that i have the c-e and not the a-e because of this thread, I had no idea. i was planning on using the "Zotac H55-ITX with i3-530 = Mini Hack Pro" post as a guide but it disappeared inbetween ordering the board and delivery! Getting full graphics acceleration was almost enough trouble that i went insane and iBoot didn't work for me. Anyway, thanks for this guide, looks like i can get all the other niggles working. Audio over HDMI is what i'm after really.

Are there any niggles i should be aware of when using this DSDT with the c-e before i begin?

Thanks all
Hi;

My guide should be OK to edit your DSDT. As mentioned the BIOS is very similar.

You might need to use the MultiBeast USB 3 support, if you want USB 3.

I don't know what Ethernet support is required, if the MultiBeast version I advise doesn't work see SpeedracerX's post at the other site (where we used to be).

I haven't had any experience with this board, so would like to see you post your results.

Thanks

ozymandias15 said:

Thanks all

Hi,

I think It could be worth for you to take a look at this thread, people are discussing a guide for the C-E, you could find useful informations.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=243731

Hi, mactition !

Thank you for your detailed guide for H55-ITX-A-E mobo.

I've got pretty good working new ITX mac now exactly following step by step
your guide !!

below is its specs.

mobo: Zotac H55-ITX-AE with bios A130PA24
cpu: intel core i5 750
mem: UMAX DDR3-1333 4GB *2
video: Zotac GeForce 9600GT ( ZT-96TES3P-FSP )

bigpigroy said:
Hi, mactition !

Thank you for your detailed guide for H55-ITX-A-E mobo.

I've got pretty good working new ITX mac now exactly following step by step
your guide !!

below is its specs.

mobo: Zotac H55-ITX-AE with bios A130PA24
cpu: intel core i5 750
mem: UMAX DDR3-1333 4GB *2
video: Zotac GeForce 9600GT ( ZT-96TES3P-FSP )

Hi;

Congratulations!

What case did you use?

Others will be interested in that, primarily for cooling effects.

Thanks for posting.

Will this DSDT work with Zotac H55ITX-C-E?

Hi, I'm pretty new to hackintosh's. I'm doing my first build with Zotac H55ITX-C-E which is just the replacement model to the A-E version. I was wondering will the directions be the same for the C-E and can I use the DSDT?

Thanks.

I am suspicious if the A-E DSDT can be readily applied to the C-E boards. And I too would definitely appreciate if anyone can step-in and clarify this for me. Thanks in advance :)

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am also a noob and absolutely no expert in the hackintosh scene and just an utter outsider when it comes to DSDT, but aren't DSDT like BIOS that has to be very specific and matching model numbers? (e.g. UD4 has to flash UD4 bios, but not ud2H bios, etc)

AFAIK, the C-E has increased voltage supply (hence the claim to support i7 CPU), which might imply a different pcb layout and/or routing. It would be reasonable to expect a different DSDT for the C-E rather than a straight-out 'apply-on-top' using an A-E DSDT edit. The C-E also features USB3 support, and I suspect Zotac uses the NEC chip in their early batches, but there is no way to confirm if Zotac is locked-in to use the NEC chip for any other batches. There will be major support/compatibility issue if Zotac ships a non-NEC usb3 chip as afaik, there isn't any support in the hackintosh community.

Once again, thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back