Contribute
Register

Zotac H55ITX-A-E DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, mactition

I guess I am still in the stage 1 of making an bootable USB.

1.About the USB2 or 3 thing - on Zotac H67ITX-C-E there are 2 USB 3 on the front panel via motherboard adapter, 2 USB 3 on the back directly connected to the mobo. Which one should I use? and is there anything need to be done in layman's term to boot?

2.when patch the USB installer with MultiBeast, which box should I click? my example is below, please have a look.

005.jpg

3. IF the forum policy allow, could you send me a zip file of Chameleon 2 RC5 r1517 you are using to [email protected], please? It will save me a lot of time.

Have to admit, my questions are most qualified as noob's. Thanks for your patience.

All the best,

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 208
Quote : The "still wanting for root device" occurs if the USB installer is plugged into a USB 3 port. I had mine in a USB 3 port that has a USB 2 adapter cable to motherboard ports. Never crossed my mind that it would be an issue, just assumed because the USB mounted it was working.

- I read it again and i think it means i should always plug the Installer into USB 2 port. Is that correct?

Quote : com.apple.Boot.plist: "GraphicsEnabler=No" for ATI Radeon HD 5770 - how can i do that?

Quote : .. Run MultiBeast and install the Chameleon bootloader and any graphics support you know is required. (also install USB kext if not supported via DSDT) - how can i install the USB kext into the USB installer? - stupid question - sorry.

Quote : 5.. Any kext required for your graphics card that MultiBeast does not install, for example the "ATI5000Controller.kext" modified for ATI Radeon HD 5750. - where can i find this .kext and where should i put it and how to install it into the USB installer?

Quote : Your Extra folder that contains all the files you would normally use for your fully functioning Hackintosh - should i create an Extra folder manually and put it into the root of USB installer?

All the questions... waiting for the answers Thanks in advance.

All the best,

In Lion using DSDT on H55 work perfect but when i try use DSDT on Mountain no work! help!

Hi all,
I would like build this for Lion (and W7), some parts I have some I need to buy:

case: SilverStone SG05BB-450 (need to buy)
motherboard: ZOTAC H55ITX-C-E (need to buy)
CPU: 2,8 ghz i7 socket 1156 (I have)
ram: 4 gb ddr3 (I have)
graphic card: Sapphire HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 Low Profile (need to buy)
hdd: some 2TB (I have)

So I have few questions:
1. will works Sapphire HD 6670?
2. is possible use internal wifi under Lion?
3. how it install? :-D

Reason:
Now I have hackintosh Lion 10.7 + 2,8 ghz i7 + 4gb ram + Asus P7P55 pro + GeForce9500GT in a very very big case... I would like to make it smaller...
Lion works good - for instal I used this method: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html

Thanks for help.

Re: "still wanting for root device" FIX

mactition said:
Hi Guys;

Re: Zotac H67ITX-C-E

Issue: Lion 10.7.3 USB installer, hangs at Apple boot screen.

I just got my USB Lion 10.7.3 installer to boot.

Verbose mode reports "still wanting for root device".

The "still wanting for root device" occurs if the USB installer is plugged into a USB 3 port. I had mine in a USB 3 port that has a USB 2 adapter cable to motherboard ports. Never crossed my mind that it would be an issue, just assumed because the USB mounted it was working.

For others that might find this post, this is a common problem for all Hackintosh's
Make surge you use a USB 2 port for the installer. If that still doesn't work see if you can disable USB 3 in the BIOS.

Hope that helps.

Hi there mactition, I'm having exactly this problem but on the h55itx-a-e which doesn't have usb 3. I have keyboard and mouse plugged in the powered hub and the USB on the row below.
As I mentioned in previous posts on this thread, I've followed everything described but I'm using 10.7.3. I've been unable to get a previous version to download legally.
Eventually my verbose boot gets passed the 'still waiting for root device' message but I've had no success with having functioning USB by the time the language screen for the installer boots up. as you can imagine, seeing the screen there and not being able to interact is worse than not booting at all!
I've also tried xMove on to a partition on the same drive, but it hangs on the same 'still waiting' message, with keyboard plugged in powered hub and mouse on the row below.
Am I screwed with getting your USB Lion Installer to work until this USB story gets sorted?

Thanks!

Hi Guys;

I don't follow this thread much because I've moved on to other projects and have little time to go backwards.

You really should consider the Zotac H67-C-E, it's much easier to install Mac OS X, Snow Leopard and Lion work. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.3 running on mine, it's my main computer. In a few months this board will be history when the next generation of Intel CPU's are out.

Note that I can not support the Zotac H55-C-E variant of this board, because I don't own one. It does require different attention. You have to search for others that have this board working.

The best I can offer for the Zotac H55-A-E is the only thing that has changed to install Lion 10.7.3 is audio support. Audio is ALC888, there are several you can find for Lion by searching.

For the still waiting issue see "Lion CMOS Reset Fix" on page 1. That may help, but can't hurt either.

I have a USB Thumb Drive installer that boots with no trouble. The recipe is on page 1 is still the same. You have to have a working Hackintosh or Mac to install Lion on it.

I haven't tried a legacy iBoot method, that might work too.

One other simple option is to clone an existing Mac OS X to an external USB or internal SATA HD. Install the boot files, attach it to the system and boot.

The Chameleon version may be an issue, you need the a recent Chameleon 2.0 RC5 compiled for Lion, not a 2.1, mine is Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r877. I haven't tried a recent Chimera, but this board doesn't like the ones I have tried.

Note that sleep/wake requires the DSDT and something has to be plugged into any USB port other than the 4 nearest the WiFi antenna. That 4 bank is a powered hub that breaks device detection in sleep mode. This is a common issue with powered USB hubs.

Also you must do the DSDT install for USB support for all the ports other than the 4 near the antenna. The 4 near the antenna always work with or without the DSDT, making them suitable for keyboard and mouse while working on the system.

Also I don't think you can use a powered USB hub to install lion, use a front side port or one of rear ports other than the 4 near the antenna.

That's about it.

Thanks

toshikun said:
In Lion using DSDT on H55 work perfect but when i try use DSDT on Mountain no work! help!

Hi;

Discussion of that OS version is strictly prohibited until it is released by Apple for purchase.

mactition said:
Hi Guys;

Note that sleep/wake requires the DSDT and something has to be plugged into any USB port other than the 4 nearest the WiFi antenna. That 4 bank is a powered hub that breaks device detection in sleep mode. This is a common issue with powered USB hubs.

What DSDT do you use to support sleep/wake on H67ITX-C-E in Lion? As I see the DSDT on the first page is for H55ITX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back