Graphics
GT 640 and GT 730
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello All,

I have my graphics card working (Zotac GT 430) - with DVI. Earlier, I had it working with VGA (using DVI-VGA adapter) but would get grey screen with DVI.

Initially, I did get the DVI working with tony mac NVIDIA update, but somehow the resolution was stuck at 1024x768.

To make it work, I disabled Graphics Enabler (edited the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file, and removed the 2 lines from the file)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

following that I followed instructions viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10922

and

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.0.html

I am attaching the plist file - attached for reference - (used for generating hex code to be used in the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file - also attached here for reference).

I have not tested HDMI yet. Don't have HDMI monitor, and my computer is not in a case as yet (have it on the floor - motherboard connected to power supply, ssd, mounted display etc - use a screwdriver to power on by jumping appropriate pins on mother board) - will get it in a case soon, and test it with my 1080p TV (HDMI) later.

One of the things I noticed is that the hex string, and the PCI root string being used in the plist file that is generated by tony mac Nvidia update is different. Probably, one needs to run tonymac's NVIDIA update, and then edit the Boot.list file based on the hex code generated for YOUR device.

Once I have the rig tested with HDMI, I will post an update.

Currently, I get 28fps on Cinebench.

The resoultions I see range from 640 x 480 (min) to 1680 x 1050 for my DELL E22WFP monitor using DVI.

Attachments

• com.apple.Boot.plist
    1.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Graphics.plist
    1,018 bytes · Views: 233
I can now confirm that HDMI display works, various resolutions (including 1080p) were available on my 46 " Bravia.

Yes, it works.

I am using the DVI to VGA adapter on my VGA monitor - to output DVI.

I am using another HDMI to DVI adapter, the output of the HDMI goes to the DVI monitor (primary monitor) via this adapter.

I do not know if HDMI sound works, as monitor does not have sound.

Have you tried installing the new nvidia drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back