CPU
i7-6950X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. I'm really hoping someone can help me. I'm a teacher using zoom everyday is this is becoming a real issue. I would be eternally grateful if anyone in this great community would have any clue or suggestions on ways i could try to fix this problem

Issue:

• Zoom randomly lock up, I can still hear the audio, mouse works, but screen and system completely frozen and requires reboot.
  • Happen quicker when screen sharing and demonstrating mixing session in Protools, but also happen at light load without screen sharing as well, just not as quickly ( 50+ min, someone does not happen at all)
  • With heavy Protools session using lots of UAD plug in it does not take long (10 min) for the crash to happen

In the system log I consistently gets this error at the time of lock up:
  • com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
  • UPDATE: actually this is not consistent what I get consistently when zoom crashed is DUMPGPURestart
Note: This issue only happens with Zoom, I can run any other software full load all day long no issue

What I've tried to do to fix the issue with no success:

• Installed and re installed zoom (latest version)
  • Updated Mac OS with the latest security update, had to revert that because it created a whole bunch of other issues, like slow down at login, overclock not working correctly
  • Tried not using the screen sharing function is zoom and use OBS to feed through the webcam in zoom
  • Disabled Google Backup and sync and ExpanDrive any other Network drive Sync apps I have
  • Disabled Using hardware acceleration for receiving videos in Zoom
  • Disabled my CPU overclock
  • Connect my webcam to a different USB port
  • Disable my VPN
  • Remove the VEGA SSDT and run the card natively
  • Disabled ASUS multicore enhancement in BIOS

Background on my system:
  • Dual boot system, Windows and Mojave on the 2 separate Nvme drives
  • Recently upgraded to 10.14.6 (18G103) from High Sierra 10.13.6
  • Replaced my 1070GTX with for a Sapphire Vega 64 liquid cooled
  • 6950X CPU OC at 4Ghz
  • 64GB ram XMP at 3200Mhz
  • Asus Deluxe II Mobo with latest Firmware, unlocked register
  • All bios setting as per KGP setting in his X99 Mojave guide
  • VT-d Enabled for work with Parallel desktop with argument dart=0 in clover config
  • Gigabyte GC Rydge Thunderbolt card installed and working on both Mac and PC
  • UA Apollo Twin X sound interface
  • All Kext and SSDT patch implemented as per KGP guide (x99 The future is here, updated from his previous High Sierra guide and updated EFI accordingly), all PCI devices showing up correctly in system report.
  • 15 USB patch limit applied through custom Kext
  • Imac 1,1 SMBIOS used
  • GPU slightly overclocked with VGTab (using the liquid cooled generator) and implement via KGPs Vega 64 SSDT, not Kext
  • Istats 6.2 installed and working
  • Clover 4980 used
  • triple screen setup (DP Ports) (2 x 1440p and 1 x 1080p)
  • All PCI implemented properly by the look of it, was working perfectly in high sierra for years and seems to be working fine now as well
  • Everything is working including thunderbolt
  • Logitech 930c Webcam
  • Backup and Sync and ExpanDrive installed
I'm finding it really hard to figure out what the culprit it.

I have attached my EFI as well as a short copy of the system log around when the error happens. For example today it locked up exactly at 11:52am which I have marked on the log. This did not use to happens on 10.13.6, but I had a GTX1070 running on webdrivers back then.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• Nov 6 11:05:31 Steeves-iMac-Pro Preview[16167]: assertion failed….pdf
    26 KB · Views: 40
  • EFI.zip
    34.3 MB · Views: 72
  • system.txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Bump... can anyone help? I have included my full system log as well now... I'm really desperate since I'm teaching everyday with zoom and it is just constantly freezing my system. Maybe if one of your Jedis out there could have a look at my EFI and tell me if anything look wrong I would really appreciate it.

PS: I have open a case with Zoom but I think as soon as they will figure out that I'm using a hackintosh I won't get any support

Update: yesterday I ran zoom using Parallel desktop and used the OBS Virtual cam to be able to screen share my MAC OSX screen, ran fine during a 4 h meeting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back