Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170-A
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
I've been fighting trying to get this machine running as a hackintosh for over a year and decided to try again over the holidays.

I created a boot USB with El Capitan 10.11.2 from the App Store, and used the latest Unibeast with nVidia option.

I erased the CMOS setting from my mobo, rebooted, loaded optimized defaults, rebooted. There is no VT-d option in the bios, and there is no option to change XMP profiles (it's disabled).

Secure boot is an issue to turn off when it's set to Other OS, as you need to set it to Win8 WHQL it to disable secure boot, then set it back to Other OS.

I get the Clover bootmenu when I start up, and I can partition my HDD, and install OS X.

The issue comes in when the installer reboots my computer.

Clover comes up, and I can select my new OS X boot partition.. It boots and after about 10 seconds it arrives and sits there forever and ever on a gray screen with a mouse pointer. It probes the DVD drive occassionally, and the HDD light blips on occasion, but it never gets past that part.

I've tried reinstalling several times, same result.

Try setting nv_disable=1..clover boot screen/options. and delete nvda_drv=1 if it is listed there.

Will try that, thanks. I only saw a round button to click for nVidia when I built the last USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back