Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have finally gotten Clover to boot, and so now I'm trying to work through some of the issues I'm facing.

First question: with Clover, am I required to boot through the Clover boot loader every time I restart my computer? Right now that's what I have to do.

Onto my issues, in order of priority.

1. Ethernet does no work. I have installed the AppleIntelE1000e kext and have tried both LAN ports to make sure I'm using the correct one. It's possible I installed the kext incorrectly.
  2. Graphics card drivers. Have a GeForce GTX 970. Found this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1-01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html. Is the installation the same as the 5 steps listed for Clover? I don't really understand the phrase (If you use Clover, you can toggle back and forth using the standard menubar or system preference pane.)
  3. Mouse acts up a bit. Sometimes it will stop moving. If I click, it will begin moving again. This is a wireless mouse (not my main mouse). I'll have my wired mouse plugged in tomorrow to test with that. I'm figuring it's just a wireless issue.

Hardware is in profile.

First question: with Clover, am I required to boot through the Clover boot loader every time I restart my computer? Right now that's what I have to do.

The question is not clear to me. Are u asking about clover USB??

Have you installed the clover to HDD/SSD (Where the OS X installed) ??

Onto my issues, in order of priority.

1. Ethernet does no work. I have installed the AppleIntelE1000e kext and have tried both LAN ports to make sure I'm using the correct one. It's possible I installed the kext incorrectly.

1. Identify the Ethernet chip model which you have in your motherboard using DPCIManager (Check under PCIList tab), then install proper kext for the chip model using kext installation utilities like Kext Wizard,etc..

DPCIManager : http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/

Graphics card drivers. Have a GeForce GTX 970. Found this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1-01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html. Is the installation the same as the 5 steps listed for Clover? I don't really understand the phrase (If you use Clover, you can toggle back and forth using the standard menubar or system preference pane.)

You have to install NVIDIA's Web Driver.

The mentioned line says that you can change between OS X Native and Web Driver using the icon displayed on the menu bar or you can change it from System Preference. (The icon will be visible after installation of NVIDIA's Web Driver)

Mouse acts up a bit. Sometimes it will stop moving. If I click, it will begin moving again. This is a wireless mouse (not my main mouse). I'll have my wired mouse plugged in tomorrow to test with that. I'm figuring it's just a wireless issue.

Probably because of no QE/CI. Install web driver and check it again.

The question is not clear to me. Are u asking about clover USB??

Have you installed the clover to HDD/SSD (Where the OS X installed) ??
OS X is installed on my SSD. Every time I reboot the computer, I am brought to the Clover boot loader screen. I have to go into options, enter another flag (nv_disable = 1), then I can boot. Every time.

Edit: I can boot without nv_disable=1 now. But every time I boot I still go to the Clover boot screen. Not a major deal.

Identify the Ethernet chip model which you have in your motherboard using DPCIManager (Check under PCIList tab), then install proper kext for the chip model using kext installation utilities like Kext Wizard,etc..

DPCIManager : http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/
This is the list I get. I have no idea how to interpret the information shown... DPCI Manager.pngThere is one of the descriptions at the bottom that reads "Communications controller"

You have to install NVIDIA's Web Driver.

The mentioned line says that you can change between OS X Native and Web Driver using the icon displayed on the menu bar or you can change it from System Preference. (The icon will be visible after installation of NVIDIA's Web Driver)
Got it installed just fine, and it actually seemed to fix my mouse issue.

Probably because of no QE/CI. Install web driver and check it again.
See above.

Only remaining issue is the Ethernet. I'm still digging to see if I can solve it.

Updates: pretty much everything has been solved. Graphics drivers are installed just fine. Mouse works great. I have Ethernet.

One item remains, and it's iMessage. I get an error stating "Your Apple ID can't be used to set up iMessage at this time" and prompts me to call customer support. I'll dig around, but any ideas where I should start?

Updates: pretty much everything has been solved. Graphics drivers are installed just fine. Mouse works great. I have Ethernet.

One item remains, and it's iMessage. I get an error stating
"Your Apple ID can't be used to set up iMessage at this time" and prompts me to call customer support.
I'll dig around, but any ideas where I should start?

I had this problem with Chimera Yosemite Hackintosh.

When I got the message to call support I left that Computer , logged on to my Real Mac computer and signed into iMessage there.. without that nagging error.

I left it running
Now I came back and used my Apple login credentials required for iMessage on the problem Hackintosh Yosemite which to my pleasant surprise let me in! I made all the required changes in Messages> Preferences : General /Account /Video etc . I had no problem for several weeks . I get a message from Apple to my email whenever I sign into I message cautioning me about someone signing into ... Since it was me the message was promptly ignored.

The problem recurred after a while and I tried the same method to fix.
I guess you might try that in your Clover too,. I don’t have a Clover system to try

So pretty much everything is done. iMessage is a bit funky but I think I may know the way around that... but I'm now having problems getting sound.

I've got sound through my MB. But do not know how to get sound through my DisplayPort cables hooked into my gfx card. Can't seem to find leads on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back