Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've managed to upgrade to Yosemite within 2 hours:

1) Make Unibeast bootable USB: ~40 mins
2) Install the system: ~40 mins
3) Boot for Multibeast and apply nvidia web driver: ~20 mins

Running smooth... I do have one problem though... On shutdown the screen goes black (backlight in on) and takes a minute or two to shutdown or reboot. My idea is that one signal isn't probably handled by the BIOS as it seems it sits around waiting for a timeout.

Other than that (CPU freq scaling ain't working, only minimum freq or maximum, which is fine with me; Mavericks had the same problem.

Using clover the boot image is also a white apple in a black background. I kinda like it... I'm assuming this was Apple making changes on the modules loaded by EFI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 19.25.59.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 19.25.59.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 256
Hi, I see that you have the same main board Asus Z97M. I tried to install Yosemite as clean installation on SSD drive... installation was sucessfull. Then I installed drivers via Multibeast (according guide on top tonymacx86 page) and troubles started. Operating system is freezing and I dont know why... :(

What audio kext/installer did you use?

I was able to successfully upgrade as well, but I too am having issues after installing Multibeast. Same mobo.

Todd

I have the same mono and also had my system installed successfully. It has been a month now and the system has been rock solid stable. For those who have problems with the freezing issue. You must use clover as boot loader. As Chameleon always cause serious problem!!! I tried both and I will never touch chameleon again!!!!!! Hope this helps

OK, everything seems to be working for me after reinstalling using Unibeast. Multibeast installed as before except I changed my ACS sound drivers from current to legacy. Boot is no longer getting hung. I preserved my Multibeast settings from my Mavericks installation (Multibeast will update the settings where needed, and I made the sound driver change above). So far, so good. :thumbup:

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back