Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So it appears that it's getting increasingly difficult to find gigabyte z87 boards that correspond to the monthly buyers guide. I'm looking for simple answers. If i buy a z97 board, is it risky in that apple may not use these chipsets for the next mac line? or should I be good to go? I'm looking at the Asus Z97-A but I am open to suggestions from other makers in that price range or less.

So it appears that it's getting increasingly difficult to find gigabyte z87 boards that correspond to the monthly buyers guide. I'm looking for simple answers. If i buy a z97 board, is it risky in that apple may not use these chipsets for the next mac line? or should I be good to go? I'm looking at the Asus Z97-A but I am open to suggestions from other makers in that price range or less.

Here's what we know for sure. Apple will release new Macbooks later this year with Broadwell M chips.
Then by June 2015 they will likely use Broadwell desktop CPUs in iMacs. The Z97 chipset will work
with Broadwell with a simple bios update. So to me that looks good for Z97 compatibility with OS X.
But as in all things there are no 100% guarantees. Do some research into how well Z97
is working with Mavericks right now and determine whether you want to invest in that platform.

I hear you TRS. I figure I'll see if microcenter has any z87 gigabytes left and if not I'll be ordering the Asus you recommended to me. Can't be too difficult too get it all working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back