Contribute
Register

Z87X-UD3H - Yosemite - i7 4790 random freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
After disabling XMP the system ran fine all day, then this morning 2 crashes within the space of 45mins....

I have actually ordered a new pair of memory modules just to ease my mind on this as im slightly concered on how clocking the memory at 1333mhz had such a huge difference on performace... almost halved their abilities in Geekbench which I don't think is normal? or is it?

Not your same hardware, but I was having random freezes after installing with multbeast ..

I did a clean install with clover and rock solid.. I am a true clover believer now. Took me a while to get my brain around it as I have build several machines using the older method.

cranking with 32Gs ram, i7 4790K and its rock solid!!

-B

Why do you have Generate CPU States on?

Maybe I'm wrong, but at least with the 4790k the system doesn't even boot when you have that enabled.

Hi, I followed another users build. I did remove the the generate P and C states from the plist but the system continues to freeze up.

I installed a new set of 2 x 8gb modules which made no difference. Going ahead with the Clover install today. Wish me luck!

Hi, I followed another users build. I did remove the the generate P and C states from the plist but the system continues to freeze up.

I installed a new set of 2 x 8gb modules which made no difference. Going ahead with the Clover install today. Wish me luck!

Good Luck..!:headbang::D

Before going for a re-install, try to boot with "-no-zp -f" and check whether the freeze happening or not.

hey i'm having the same problem, can u share ur config.plist for Clover and the Kexts,Settings you used ?

//EDIT: OK got i working with the Standart Guide using UEFI Method and AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back