Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4930
Graphics
HD 4600
Z87X-UD3H - Yosemite - i7 4790 random freezing [Solved]

Hi all,

I wondering if someone can help me with this dreaded random freezing I am getting at the moment.

The Build:

Yosemite 10.10.2
z87x - ud3h F9 Bios
i7 4790
2 x 8GB Corsair 1600mhz CL10 Low profile RAM
HD 4600
128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850 SSD
2 X 1TB WD BLACK HDD
EVGA 430W PSU (Hasswell certified)

I used an SPL Crimson USB sound card, a USB mouse + Keyboard

Bios:
Optimized defaults
XMP profile 1
vt-d disabled

I have attached my Multibeast settings below

There is no real pattern to when it freezes, today it has frozen twice over a 6 hour period. Total screen lock up with no spinning wheel or control of the mouse, has to be hard reset!

Any suggestions welcomed :)

Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 16.24.17.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 16.24.17.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 240
Try the F10 BIOS - Link.

I use it with my Z87X-UD3H and it works well.

I was reluctant to flash to F10 because it was a beta mainly for the use of the 'k' processors in overclocking.

Im not sure this will cure the freezing as it seems to be something a lot of people are getting with Yosemite and this mobo

Are you on Yosemite?

I was reluctant to flash to F10 because it was a beta mainly for the use of the 'k' processors in overclocking.

Im not sure this will cure the freezing as it seems to be something a lot of people are getting with Yosemite and this mobo

Are you on Yosemite?

Yes, I am using Yosemite.

Ok, i'll give it a shot now... just froze twice in the last 10mins so seems to be getting worse :S

Just attached my last log now if anyone can make any sense of it.

Ill let you know how the bios flashing goes.

Cheers

Attachments

• log.pdf
    62.5 KB · Views: 243
Flashed to F10 last night, left the computer running a HD video loop for a 4/5 hours with no freeze then within 15 mins of starting the system up this morning it froze again.

Extremely frustrating!

I'm having a similar issue. It seems mine are kernel panics because of memory. I haven't yet determined if it is my RAM or if its config.

Latest report I looked at was filled with errors while using Chrome. See if you're having a similar problem.

Not seeing anything about memory there.

These keep popping up

kernel[0]: BUG in process suhelperd[194]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, 1 external, 0 legacy-external)

nsurlstoraged[245]: ERROR: shrinkDB - shrink of file system cache did not fully complete. Result: 11

I've built 4 systems over the past 4/5 years and this is by far the most unstable i've had. I feel like the last resort is trying to install via Clover and hoping that somehow clears it all up.

I've just disabled XMP... my only concern is how noticably slower things are with the RAM clocked down to 1333mhz from 1600mhz

The bootloader screen's 'timing' bar when booting up is moving much slower... a geekbench result with XMP is 3602//13602 (memory 3098) and without is 3313//12976 (memory 1998)

Wasn't expecting quite a hit on the performance of the RAM and given the purpose of the system is to use for very heavy audio editing and plugin rendering software, I need all the bang I can get.

I'll see how it goes with XMP disabled today but may have to go the Clover route as im running out of options now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back