Contribute
Register

Z87X-UD3H -- Sleep and Ethernet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm the "ethernet not obtaining IP problem" also running on Z87X-UD3H (found no fix for this... i usually reboot until it works)

Many of the newer Gigabyte Z87 have the Intel[SUP]®[/SUP][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] GbE LAN chip fitted. The Intel kext in MultiBeast 6.0 was giving some people problems. The latest MultiBeast has reverted to an earlier version which seems to be working better. Have you tried deleting the version from MB6 version and replacing with the version in 6.0.1?

Adrian B
[/FONT]

Yes, I'm using the one from 6.0.1 and the problem is still there... just a minor annoyance. 1/20 restarts i get that i think.

Keep us posted frozenb,

Did you see any change by deleting all your network settings and reinstalling your network information? Hopefully you will see an improvement in ethernet reliability.

Adrian B

Hi, not sure what solved my problem to be honest. I did install the older version of the kext but have seen the problem come back. No it works perfectly but haven't changed anything. In Windows it still does not work though. Every time I reboot, it says the ethernet cable is unplugged when in fact it is plugged and works well (I have tried different cables).

As for sleep, I might try reinstalling Maverick with the bare minimum although I don't recall pinstalling much options except for Instant Menu, 1080p Display, HWMonitor + plugins and a skin for the bootloader. Don't see how those might cause sleep problems...

Mavericks changed power management. There are a small number of various niggles that need ironed out. We need to see what comes in the next 10.9.1 update and what affect that has as well.

Adrian B

I did try removing the connection, changing the IP manually, nothing worked properly. Probably the ethernet driver didn't load properly.

Now I gave up worrying about it. Like I sad before, it only happens once every 20-30 restarts. That's like once a week.

i was having the same two problems.

for the ethernet, i installed the older kext from multibeast 5.5, following the instructions from the other thread that was linked to earlier. that didn't help. what did help was plugging my machine into a different router. i have two on my network, and i guess the board liked one better than the other.

for the sleep problem, i tried using the darkwake=10 boot flag, which didn't help. what did help was unplugging everything that wasn't absolutely necessary (usb, hard drives, etc). then it would stay asleep. then i added things back one by one, and found that it was my monitor's built-in usb hub that was causing it to instantly wake from sleep. i tried using a separate powered usb hub, and that also caused it to wake from sleep instantly. i tested both the monitor and usb hub with no usb devices plugged into them. i tried different bios settings to get the usb hub working, but had no luck. if anyone figures it out, please let us know.

I seem to remember someone suggesting Darkwake 8, but my recollection is a little fuzzy. I think it may have been on a X79 rather than Z87 board in Mavericks. If you give it a try then post back your feedback.

Adrian B

I was suffering from the same ethernet problem, but I seem to have fixed it by flashing the BIOS to the new F8 version. I am also using the AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4 driver through MultiBeast, although I have not tested other drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back